Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SoonToBeMumOf5 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Not quite sure what this is too go under
    i have four sons and now going to have my 1st daughter in a few weeks (very excited) but any wayi am very close to all my sons ages: 15,13,8,4. .. they can tell me anything, i mean like anything like my 15 y/o comes to me to talk about his gf and sex.... also i can tell all they're friends seem comfortable around me but some of my sons frends mothers say quite mean stuff to me. They look at all the downside to me.. i am 28 and had my first son at 14 and the 2nd one at 16.... yes i know its very young but they always say stuff about that and try to make my frends against me. none of my frends care what they say and it seems to be getting old but i dont see why they dont just back off. ive done a beter job than some could ever could and im proud of myself but they make me feel really bad sometimes and i dont know what i should do to stop them

thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 03:52 PM
    They must be so jealous of who you are, what you can do, how you relate to the younger ones and probably your patience and kindness. And most of all probably jealous because you are pregnant and expecting the daughter you want. Sounds like you have a happy brood, keep it up and enjoy your new baby and the UPSIDE is you have so much more then they. Put them to the back of your life and your mind.

All your mind and heart will have to be with your new baby and family, you won't have time to think about malicious gossip... good luck and peace.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Well if you are helping by giving advice on a 15 year old to have sex, not grounding him and watching him 24/7 to be sure he is not, yes they need to have a problem with you.

And while it is great your kids like you, the main issue you are their parent, not their friends, and the simple fact is, you have to be tough a lot.

Now this is merely judging you on one paragragh and reading between the lines. Now of course you need to have sex talks with the 8 year old up, but the talk to not to, * you made it sound like he talks to you about having sex with his girl friend, who would most likely be under 16 and that is rape not sex.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 04:22 PM
    At the same time, telling a l5 year old he can't have sex when he is sexually active is asking for trouble, and I do admit, some guidance must be given in the way of STDs and birth control, or you might say the girl needs her parents to give her guidance too in the way of birth control. This a double edged sword and be damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Int this day and age you have to have all your bases covered to be on the safe side of just about everything.
    SoonToBeMumOf5 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Hes a smart kid. him and hes girl friend have everything sorted out like birth contol. i dont exactly tell him to have sex but then again i can't tell him not to because i was younger than him when i had him. and for fr_chuck... i never sed i didnt ground my kids i just never have need to
    penguinmom Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 02:28 AM
    I think fr_chuck needs to reread the initial question and not be so quick to judge. I agree with tickle, put the ones giving you grief to the back of your mind. You sound like you have a good relationship with your boys and you'll really enjoy this new little girl. Just remember, she'll grow up fast and you need to let her know that sex has consequences, as evidenced by her oldest brothers, that are life long commitments. I am glad your teen pregnancies worked, however most don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search