Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goceguera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Blower will not turn on on cooling but will work on heat?
    My central a/c system inside blower will not turn on during cooling it will turn on during heat. Everything else on the system works. My system is over 13 years old.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Have you recently replaced anything, like the stat? How long has it operated like this?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Remove the thermostat cover, remove the wires from the "g" terminal and "R" terminal, twist them together, if the bower comes on, the problem is with the thermostat.
    rickay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 01:15 PM
    How do you hook up thermostat wire to compressor?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Rickay, I see you are new to this forum. It is best to start your own quewstion rather than tag onto somweone else. We get cinfused who is asking what. Go back to the home page and click ASK I'm sure HVAC will help you more than I can. Your thermostat wiring goes to a circuit board in your furnace. That board is then connected to the compressor but again HVAC will help you.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickay
    How do you hook up thermostat wire to compressor?
    Usually you have a yellow wire running from the thermostat to the furnace Y terminal. Then a pair of wires runs from the Y and com terminals at the furnace out to the coil of the contactor for the compressor.

There are more details in the sticky at the top of the forum. It has all kinds of good info including the trick of connecting the wires to check the thermostat.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by goceguera
    My central a/c system inside blower will not turn on during cooling it will turn on during heat. Everything else on the system works. My system is over 13 years old.
    The heating and cooling use different windings in the motor for different speeds, and are controlled by different relays. One relay or winding can go bad or develop a loose wire and the other still work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Day & Night by Carrier fan blower motor stuck on and heat doesn't work [ 22 Answers ]

:confused: Day & Night by Carrier central heating and a/c unit a/c unit model # 518CXX057000MACA date of mgf=1791 heating unit model# 394JAZ060080AAFA date of mgf=4592 Efficiency= natural draft? Type= forced air

Air Conditioning blower working, not cooling [ 6 Answers ]

My a/c fan is working, however, it is not cooling. Do I need to call a technician?

Carrier heat pump not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Our Carrier heat pump is not cooling our house. This is the first time it has been on for cooling this year. The system is running outside and the system inside is running and cool to the touch, but nothing is coming out the vents. It sounds like the fan is running. The thermostat is set for 72...

Frigidaire heat and cooling furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Above furnace installed 1 1/2 yrs. Ago - I am finding carbon on baseboards.

View more questions Search