Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojo114 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Jul 4, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Any ideas or exercises to grow taller
    I'm 5.3 I want to be at least 5.6 or 5.5 does anyone know any special exercises or foods used to reach that to grow tall. Please help thanks any advice would be useful also just a quick question about growing does alcohol make your growing stop.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 09:44 AM
    There are no exercises or foods that will increase your height, it is all a matter of genetics.

How old are you? You still may have some time left to grow.

Jul 4, 2007, 09:45 AM
    I'm 14 going on 15 isn't there any special sort of food or exercise
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 10:19 AM
    You still have plenty of time to grow. Many kids keep growing until they are as old as 18.

Sadly, there are no foods or exercises.
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 02:47 PM
    What's wrong with being 5'3''? You're still young and you might still grow, but why don't you like your height?

Jul 5, 2007, 03:03 PM
    I like my height but I want to be 5.5
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jul 5, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Sorry :) but you cαn't mαke yourself grow tαller unless you do the following:
    1-there αre pills out there cαlled mαxigro or mαxi height or whαtever it's cαlled but it does end up in loss of bone density, osteoprosis, kindey fαilure-- mmm nothing reαlly worth doing unless you wαnt to be pretty for α couple yeαrs then die...
    4- you get hormone shots- messes up your body though
    or my personαl fαvourite
    3-there wαs this one girl in englαnd thαt got her legs broken αnd they αdded some sort of extensions to her legs.. she hαd to leαrn how to wαlk αgαin -- αnd there wαs α 50% chαnce she might hαve died..

However the BEST choice is: you cαn bulid up long leαn muscles αnd do dαily stretching to "αppeαr" tαller...

this is comming from someone who is αs tαll αs the olsen twins... (5 feet right on the dot)

Jul 5, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Thanks for your advice it sounds really good
    -

Jul 5, 2007, 03:11 PM
    No problemo:)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 03:36 PM
    I would suggest doing yoga and palates; these exercises can help elongate and strengthen the body. I'm only 5'0, so be proud of your extra 3 inches and learn to love your body for what it is; I do not think you need any type of hormone supplements!
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Try volleyball + all the stretching that comes with it :) and let me know if your taller in a few years ;)
    rockforever Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2007, 02:44 PM
    L have bought many height increase products,programs online and offline but l assure you that none worked except one product named satogrowth .Some prejudiced people will say it is a scam but it is really one product that really and honestly work and l am sincerely telling anyone who wants to grow taller.
    rockforever Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 19, 2007, 12:57 AM
    Satogrowth has not given me any side-effects it is also said that all natural and no side effects. It is working

Jul 19, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Where do you buy statagrowth
    -

Jul 19, 2007, 07:49 AM
    There αre long-term effects.. cαll me when your 80 αnd crying over your osteoporosis / αrthritis... eventuαlly you'll feel the effects I bet you thαt pill isn't 100% nαturαl there hαs to be some chemicαls in it.. there hαs to be.

Jul 19, 2007, 08:16 AM
    I knida agree are you sure that this pill is 100 % natural
    -

Jul 19, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Go to the site αnd see αll the ingredients--google them
    tonyporsche997 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 10:31 PM
    I'm 5'0 too I want to be like 5.5 or higher
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Sep 22, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Satogrowth will NOT work on full-grown adults.

Here's why: Its only function is to increase the body's production of growth hormone. Once an adult's bones are fully formed and fused, growth hormone will no longer have an effect on them. That's why adult bodybuilders, athletes, and Barry Bonds are still the same height they've always been, even after supplementing with HGH.

Now, it might "work" in younger people who have not finished growing yet, as products like this were actually developed to HELP adolescents who had a deficiency of growth hormone.

But then scumbag profiteers got ahold of the product and began selling it to ANYONE who would buy it, regardless of the side effects or the fact that it won't work on adults.

Be careful using anything that messes with hormone production. You have no way of knowing if your hormone levels are ideal unless you get tested by your doctor. If you don't need HGH supplementation (which most people do not), then you're putting yourself at risk by taking this scam product.

HGH is a banned substance for a reason: It's dangerous. Doctors can prescribe it to people who need the supplementation, and for these people it's a blessing.

For the rest of us, we'll be better served by not listening to Internet spam.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 01:06 PM
    phil_stl disagrees: Stretching exercises, Multi-vitamins, Lycine, L-Glutamine ARE ways one can grow! (That are safe too)
    Wow this post is 5 months old!!

Phil, can you please tell me how to stretch a bone once the ephysial plates (growth plates) are fused?

True growth comes from the bone, specifically the long bones. Once the long bones have stopped growing and maturing, the ephysial plates fuse together which prevents further growth. This occurs typically around the age of 18, but can continue up until 25 years of age.

Time for you to go back to Anatomy & Physiology class Phil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I grow taller? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 years old. My mom is 4 11" and my dad is 5 9". Im only 4 10 and a half. I know. Pathetic. And the worst part is, I really don't think I'm growing anymore. I already got 2 growth spirts and my last one was either last year or in 5th grade. I really don't think I'm going to grow...

GROW hair DamN IT! Grow! [ 15 Answers ]

My hair length is about 1 inch long, I cut it about 2 years ago and continued to about every month, now I haven't cut or dyed my hair in about 2 months and it has not grown at all. I want it to grow!! What can I do, use, or whatever to get this growth process started!thanks

2 maths exercises [ 3 Answers ]

1. A pipe fills a pool in 4 hours, another pipe drains a full pool in 6 hours. How long will it take to fill the pool if both pipes are opened? 2. A pool is connected with 3 pipes. Two pipes fill the pool and one drains it. It takes 3 hours for first pipe to fill the pool and 2 hours for the 2nd...

I need ideas on how to start a small hip-hop record business that eventually grow big [ 2 Answers ]

I need ideas on how to make a hip-hop record buissness please.

Home Exercises [ 6 Answers ]

For several months, I was taking a 30-45 minute walk around my neighborhood as my exercise for the day. However, it is now too cold out for me to do that. I would like to know what kind of exercise I can do in the house to substitute for the walking that does not involve spending money. There is...

View more questions Search