Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    precious1244 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2005, 07:30 AM
    Custody Question? Help!
    I am due to have my baby on July 11, 2005 and I want to take my ex-husband to court to get sole custody. I work fulltime and rent a two bedroom house and my ex lives with his girlfriends parents and has had several juobs in the past year and never stays at a job for a long time. He has 2-3 felonies and has been in prison and jails on and off for the past 4 years. He has a drug charge and domestic battery charge. I also have an order of protection against him for breaking into my apartment and threatening me with a knife. I want sole custody with NO visitation and I want him to pay child support. How do I go about doing this and will I win? Help me. I'm desperate.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2005, 05:50 AM
    Custody
    Hi,
    Your chances will be greatly improved with a lawyer.
    Get one.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

Jul 5, 2005, 06:14 PM
    Well it varies from state to state. I would get an attorney, if you can't afford an attorney I would contact my states legal aid dept for a free attorney. Bring all your documentation as to the past violence with you when you talk with your attorney, so they realize what they are dealing with. Additionally, there are ways to get around naming a father on a birth certificate if you want info let me know.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Jul 7, 2005, 11:06 AM
    Hope for the Better
    The birth of a child has a way of turning the hardest of heart into the sweetest of souls. No, its does not apply to everyone because so people refuse to learn from their mistakes; however, the innocent child, needs its father. Do not bury him, you may live to regret it. Forgive your ex, you never want to speak ill of the child's father, do not allow your bitterness to become your child's. BE fair to the unborn soul. As far as support, strengthen your ex's compliance by not denying him access to his seed; who knows, he may not want to be a part of the child's life, but at least you will confidently know that you are not to blame. Allow supervised visits based on his past; however, know that people are able to change, it there is a willingness on the individual's part. I have seen the hardest of criminals, clean up quick upon laying their eyes upon the innocence of a newborn child. You are hurt, afraid, angry... rightfully so, but you must move beyond this point, you must not continue to be selfish because regardless of what happens now, you now equals two. You are able to forgive your ex... if you choose to. You are able to rise above your fears, for the sake of your child. Think about it, pray about it and do the Righteous thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the first steps to get Sole Custody of my daughter [ 5 Answers ]

Im a single parent and have been for the past almost 10 years. My daughter will be 10 this year. Her father has not been around since I was pregnant and have no knowledge of his whereabouts. My daughter has asked to change her last name with no influence of my part. Now I would like to do this for...

Father wanting custody [ 3 Answers ]

Wife left marital home with 2 year old daughter to live with her parents.She has apparently gone back to her beliefs in the JW.I do not want my daughter to be raised in that environment.Could use some advice.

Sole Custody in Wisconsin [ 6 Answers ]

Sole Custody in Wisconsin Three years ago I bought a house with two of my daughters. We all put the money down to purchase the house and we each have a share of monthly bills for the house. My problem is this: my daughter and her boyfriend have two children. He has not worked or tried to...

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

View more questions Search