Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wgreene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Sealer and Adhesive Remover
    We've lived in our 1965 home for 20 years and recently discovered that terrazzo was beneath some lenolium floor covering in the hallway and baths. We wish to return to the original terrazzo covering but expect that there will be dried glue left on the terrazzo when we remove the lenolium. Someone recommended Jasco Sealer and Adhesive Remover but we are concerned about (further?) damage to the terrazzo. Would appreciate suggestion/recommendations by anyone having experience on this subject. Specifically, is the Jasco Sealer and Adhesive Remover OK for use on terrazzo?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Your terrazzo may be concrete or epoxy based but Jasco should be fine. Terrazzo is nonporous and can withstand almost any solvent. If you are concerned test it in a small hidden spot first. You should thoroughly clean and seal the terrazzo when done.
    wgreene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Your terrazzo may be concrete or epoxy based but Jasco should be fine. Terrazzo is nonporous and can withstand almost any solvent. If you are concerned test it in a small hidden spot first. You should thoroughly clean and seal the terrazzo when done.
    Appreciate your kind reply, ballergerb1. Your answer is consistent with the response I received from a Jasco representative but I wanted to get the input of an outside expert as well. Your suggestion about testing a small hidden spot first is well taken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does block sealer work? [ 34 Answers ]

My engine over heated getting home. Got the car home and hissing sound from under hood. When I opened hood, noticed steam hissing out from the coolant overflow container (overflow) tube. Nothing from any of the radiator pipes. Was at night and figured out there's nothing I could do. Next morning...

Black spot remover [ 2 Answers ]

Hie Am mellisah and am new to this site but I find it interesting. About 2 years ago I suffered from chicken pox which left me with so many black spots on my thighs and legs.I have tried to use some soaps but it didn't help.I feel embarrassed because I can't put on mini skirts .Could you please...

Odor remover [ 3 Answers ]

We have found some dead rats in our crawlspace under the house, and it smells inside our house. How can I get rid of the odor?

Leak sealer review [ 3 Answers ]

What works best to seal or stop a leak in home airconditioning system ? How about in line add on fluid to stop a leak like super seal or pro-tight ? How about plug on stuff like Leak Lock ?

Non-toxic Finish Remover [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a product, either homemade or to purchase, to remove the finishes on furniture, woodwork or floors that is non-toxic? I think that I know of one that is called FastOrange? Any other Ideas? I am trying to help a friend to refinish his oak floors in an old house. I already...

View more questions Search