Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kaciee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Computer won't boot
    I changed my heatsink fan and after I re-essembled it I found that it wouldn't boot. I've tried everything down to putting the old fan back. But nothing works! HELP
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jul 4, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Which part of the booting process does it fail? Can you get into the BIOS?

What you described seems unusual. I've done it dozens of times, never had a problem.

It could be a matter of static discharge, during the removal. You won't feel it, but the cpu and/or motherboard will.

You can try the cpu in another working compatible system, to check that the cpu is still good.

If its good, then most likely static discharge damaged the motherboard. Other components may be damaged also, so you need to individually check them.

Don't worry about hard drives and cdroms, they rarely if ever get damaged due to static.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Jul 6, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaciee
    I changed my heatsink fan
    Howdy and welcome to AMHD:

Did you apply some sort of thermal paste (Artic silver, etc) when you changed the heatsink/fan?

If not, odds are your CPU is overheating.

Murray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer will not boot up completely.. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My avg scanner says I have a virus c:TDD.EXE trojan horse dropper. Agent.cro Also partition table MBR reads error and boot sector of disk reads error. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

I want to re-boot my computer [ 13 Answers ]

I really want to re-boot my computer and start fresh... any suggestions on how to re-boot it because I have no clue... :confused:

Can not boot my computer [ 2 Answers ]

Ntldr don't know what happened but my d drive with my windows xp changed to h Now when boot it says no ntldr Need big help

Computer Won't Boot Up [ 13 Answers ]

Whenever I switch my computer on it begins the startup and at best gets to the Windows XP logo and then the screen just goes black. This is the furthest it gets and most times won't even get there. If I go into BIOS the same thing happens. Any Ideas?

My computer will not boot up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and have encountered a problem with my computer I was installing Norton Security 2007. I had installed it all and was finishing off with a full system scan - the computer simply stopped and crashed. I tried everything to switch it off without just pressing the button -...

View more questions Search