Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davispoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Lacing a wedding dress
    Was just wondering if anyone knew how easy it is to take a wedding dress that is already made with a zip up the back and take the zip out and put lacing up the back instead?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 04:27 AM
    I probably know the look you want, but having the top of the dress changed would probably be too expensive. Stays would have to be put in (to give the bodice shape after it is laced up) and you would have to have someone install reinforcement around each hole for the lace on the back of the dress or it will rip.
    rose1111 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2008, 09:54 PM

Actually it's pretty easy and does not take that much time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proper wedding dress [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been invited to a wedding that will be at 7:00 p.m. and reception/dinner after. Question: Please advise the proper dress for an evening wedding.

Finding the right dress [ 3 Answers ]

I need to find a dress for a special occasion and it's suppose to be easy to find a dress, but in my case I have a scar on my upper shoulder arm. Can someone have advice with what kind of a dress I can find, such as brands to cover up this scar of mine. :D

Wedding Dress Colour [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting married in a garden in Portugal, with a white house as a backdrop. The wedding will take place in Mid March. I have found the perfect dress but it comes in lots of colours. I do not want to wear traditional white. I have mousy brown hair, which will have red, gold & copper...

I need help finding a semi-formal dress for wedding [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 56 years old. I have gained weight so that I now have a dilemma when it comes to choosing a dress! I need a semi-formal dress to wear to two weddings actually. My problem is that my measurements are now 40-42-53. If I find a dress that fits my bustline, it's not big enough for my hips....

Help! Need dress [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is my scenario. I have all of my bridesmaid dresses and my dress, but I need semi formal dresses for my candlelighters that aren't expensive (Like under $40) They have to have thick straps and be covering everything (couldnt think of the word) Can anybody help me? :( :confused:

View more questions Search