Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wbk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Lost assets
    I have legally taken over as personal representative for my grandfathers assets/estate due to my fathers inability to perform the service. Grandfather died in 2/2003. My father (origianl personal rep) opened a estate account in 8/2004. I have no idea where my grandfathers ORIGINAL bank account was as it was not at the bank where this new account was opened. I have been to several banks in the area w/ my paperwork in hand & have had no luck in finding out where he banked. Problem, an organization called Keane contacted me & informed me that they know where my grandfather had some money & they want 35% of it to give it to me. Another individual contact my attorney (I'm assuming these people found out my attorneys name from the public court records) and told him he also knows where some of my grandfathers money is & again wants 35% of it. My question is if these people can access this info how can I? I went to the Arizona unclaimed property/asset site & there is nothing for my grandfather. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And no I have not yet taken my dad to court again to demand info, I don't have money to waste.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Why don't you negotiate for a lower fee and get it over and done with. It would probably cost you money to find out eventually anyway.

Why can your grandfather's attorney tell you this information, there must have been one to settle the estate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Assets [ 2 Answers ]

Hi what lists the firm's assets as well as claims against those assets?

Assets [ 1 Answers ]

Is it correct to credit your asset cost account and debit your asset depreciation account on the balance when an asset is fully depreciated but still in use.

Assets [ 4 Answers ]

Some companies have an asset account called "Renovations". If renovations should be considered an asset, then shouldn't repairs of capital assets be as well? I'm asking this because my textbook puts repairs immediately in the expense account.

Assets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a savings and checking account in a bank. I have both in trust accounts, in case I die the money would go to my children. I am 68 yrs old. I have some stocks, and annuities. How can I protect the (Mostly) the SAVINGS account, so it cannot be attached by a lien, or lawsuit.

View more questions Search