Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    16hpintex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Smoking 16hp briggs
    My 16 hp briggs . When I mow on an angle or slope towards the carb. The engine starts to die and really heavy blue smoke pours ot exhaust.I checked in the air filterawhen this happens and there is fress oil there .Oil level is fine.On the flats it seems to work good.I've adjusted the valves since and no change.I was told to check for leaks as he said it needs a vacume and the only leak so far was the dipstick tube witch is also fixed and no change. Any thoughts?

Also can I stream line my searches ?
    Thanks.
    canbeefixed Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Check your crank case ventilation tube , I would think that that is where your problem lies since you are experiencing fresh oil in the air intake.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Yes I Have A Thought, If You Have Oil On Your Air Filter, Then You Have A Bad Breather Assembly, Go To Your Nearest Shop And Carry Your Engine Model, Type , And Serial Numbers, And Purchase A New Breather. This Should Fix Your Problem. The Breather Is What Has The Black Tube Running From The Side Block Of The Engine To The Air Filter Housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 16hp vanguard [ 11 Answers ]

I have a simplicity mower (1998) with a 16hp vertical shaft vanguard v-twin engine (303777 1111-51). Yesterday, after running the mower with turbo bagger attachment (a little extra load on the engine), for about 20 minutes, I idled back the engine and it began belching large clouds of blue/white...

16HP Briggs Stratton Problem with oil [ 4 Answers ]

What could possibly cause oil to soak spark plug. What's busted to let the oil into the cylinder? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Timid Soul

Another 16HP Briggs Stratton Problem with oil [ 6 Answers ]

I over oiled my 16HP briggs. I looked online for some help and changed the sparkplugs and oil. The tractor still runs, but I get white smoke out of the exhaust. Will the smoke "burn Off" or should I replace the exhaust. The engine is a 402700 B&S from 1988. Looking for some answers. Thank you.

Briggs & stratton 16hp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Cub Cadet which had a 16hp BS motor with points. It went bad so I found another 16hp BS that does not have points, it has the magnetron ignition. I am having trouble getting it to fire, is there something that I need to change to the wiring to make it fire. The magnetron engine came...

View more questions Search