Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geoh1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2005, 03:41 AM
    New spectacle side arms
    I am disabled and living out in the sticks.

Can anyone advise me, please, of an online (mail order) spectacle repairer in the UK?

I require new side arms fitted.

George H.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jun 30, 2005, 09:46 AM
    Repair
    Hello,

I did various searches but was unable to find any eyewear repair mail in companies in the UK, however, I did find some in the U.S. that will work around the world.

Try This:
    http://www.eyewearrepair.com/

Here is a list of Yahoo sponsors that might also do it (a lot are in theUK)
    http://uk.dir.yahoo.com/Business_and...ision/Eyewear/

This one is in the UK, but I'm not sure if they do glasses repair or just sales: http://www.perfectspecs.co.uk/

Hope one of these can help you! Best of luck... let me know if you have any more questions!

Zach
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2005, 09:57 AM
    Check with your local Lions International club. Somebody may be able to take you glasses out for repair and return them for you. If you need help finding the closest Lions Club, start at http://www.lionsclubs.org/
    geoh1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2005, 02:24 AM
    Eyewear repairs
    Zach:

Sincere thanks for your efforts.

I had already mailed 'eyewearrepair.com' but they have not offered me the simple courtesy of a response.

However, I did find a repairer here called Premiere Optical and have sent my spectacles to them.

Many thanks again and best regards,

George H.

Jul 1, 2005, 07:17 AM
    I'm very glad you were able to find a place to send them. Good luck with that company.

Zach
    Orsi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2005, 08:45 AM
    Hi george
    There is a company that can help you, Opticians At Home tel 01207 590111
    They do eye test,contact lenses,repair frames,etc.
    Good luck
    Orsi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2005, 12:07 PM
    Spectacle Repair
    Opticians at Home website is: www.opticiansathome.blogspot.com tel:01207 590111. They do home visits and frames & Lenses repairs.
    Thank you
    Good luck

Oct 13, 2005, 12:14 PM
    Hello,

Thanks for your input, but I think he found a solution a while ago... Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fairly new Maytag side-by-side MSD2657HSE not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is a 18month old side-by-side Maytag MSG2657HSE refrigerator. The freezer half works perfectly, but the refrigerator half has stopped cooling. Also just 2 days before this happened the following was noticied by my wife - During the day time she noticed that water was seeping out from the...

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

Freezer door won't close flush on side-by-side [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side-by-side freezer/fridge. The storage shelves on the freezer door "hit" the mullion wall when closing and the door won't seal, at the top, once shut. How can I adjust the door to get it to seal, even if I can't stop the storage bin from hitting while shutting?:

GE side by side icemaker leaking - Model #GSS27RGMF BB [ 1 Answers ]

It is still making ice but it leaks and forms a glob of ice under the white blade. When I clean off the glob of ice, I can see it dripping near the white blade. It drips slowly, a few drips at a time, like a dripping faucet. Any ideas?

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

View more questions Search