Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gamkap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Fiberglass shower door replacement
    We have an older fiberglass shower unit and I would like to change the sliding glass door unit. Can the door unit be removed and a traditional shower curtain replace it? I understanding I would have to plug the holes from the mounting screws. If the traditional shower curtain and rod will work, what would be the best filler to use to plug the holes in the walls where the door unit was removed?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 3, 2007, 10:26 AM
    You will have to olay with paints to get it to match but you can use Bondo, just like a fiberglas car. ACE , KMart and most box stores carry quarter cans but be sure too get the cream hardner too.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 4, 2007, 04:12 PM
    I Would Use Some Pre Painted Screws That Were A Pan Head (white)
    And Screw Those Into The Holes, With Some Silicone In The Holes First,
    It Will Be A Cleaner Look Than Just Paint,

Or

You Can Buy Some Fiberglass Filler You Mix It Like A 2 Part Epoxy, And I Use A Razor Blade To Put It On You Can Do That Or A Putty Knife, But I Put Mulitiple Coat , Allowing Each To Dry, And Then It Is Wet Sanded, Very High Grit Sand Paper, Like What You Use For A Cars Paint,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fiberglass shower drain replacement [ 14 Answers ]

Hi There! I have a 2nd floor fiberglass shower. The drain was leaking. I cut a hole through the ceiling. It's a 2 inch brass drain with a compression fitting.

Removing a Fiberglass Shower [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom and plan to tile the floor and shower stall. The shower currently is a fiberglass (3 piece?) surround. Any tips on removing the wall panels and shower base? Thanks

Removing sliding door from fiberglass shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We are in the process of having a new home built and there is a Lasco (fiberglass) walk in shower in the bathroom. We had told the builder that we did not want a sliding door on the shower but wanted a door that swings open (without a header on top since my husband is 6'3 and no tracks...

Fiberglass Shower Leak [ 2 Answers ]

My second floor fiberglass surround shower is causing a leak from the first floor ceiling. I don't know what to start with to try to fix it. I hope someone can help me.

View more questions Search