Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuanwei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 02:22 AM
    Fan motor wiring
    The model is Carrier 42JS012.
    Can anyone tell the air-cond fan motor wiring?
    The are 5 wires which is Red, Yellow, Blue, Black and White.
    Which wire is connected to the capacitor and which is connected to fan speed?
    Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 3, 2007, 01:03 PM
    First look at the motor there will be a diagram on the motor for you to follow. Next. Look at the wiring diagram on the unit itself. The motor wiling will be listed there also.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 16, 2008, 06:58 PM
    If you need them, e-mail me and I can send you the carrier wiring diagram booklet I have. I tried to paste it here but can't seem to do it. I can attach them to an e-mail though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New condenser fan motor wiring [ 2 Answers ]

We just installed a new condenser fan motor (A.O. Smith OYK1028) and are feeling a bit lost with finishing up with the wiring. Both the old and the new motors (this is an OEM replacement) have three wires: purple, brown, and black. We did not remove the old motor, so we did not see how the wires...

Wiring a 220 volt fan motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dayton 1/3 H.P. motor Model no. 4M099C. It is a 220-230 volt motor. There are four wires coming from the motor. The purple is marked common, the black marked high, the blue marked med. And the red marked low. I want to connect these to run on 220. How do I go about connecting common and...

Wiring new fan motor [ 10 Answers ]

Just bought a new fan motor for my a/c & it has one more wire than my old one did. Need help installing.

Wiring of a Rheem Condenser fan motor [ 1 Answers ]

The motor looks to have 2 orange wires, 1 black wire, and 1 brown wire. Where do they go back to. Do the 2 orange wires go to the capacitor? Black go to contact + and brown to common? The 2 orange wires have continuity between them with no or little resistance. Are these both ground wires or...

Wiring Outside A/C condenser Fan Motor [ 1 Answers ]

Need help wiring a new outside a/c condenser fan motor. Old fan motor has 3 wires: black, blue, light orange. Black to one side of contact, light orange to other side. Blue to capacitor. Contact has 5 connectors.. one side: black from motor, black to inside the condenser. Other side: dark orange...

View more questions Search