Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Jul 2, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Unpaid ticket.suspended license in CT
    I got a ticket last year in August for a stop sign violation... and well I was supposed to pay or plea not guilty well I did neither... yea I know dumb... but anyway now my license got suspended b.c of it and I don't even have the ticket anymore I don't know where to begin to straighten out my license and pay the ticket... Do I call DMV? I have no idea what to do... The town I got the ticket was about an hour away so I wouldn't even know what court to go to... someone please give me some kind of right direction on how to fix my problem Please! Thank you:confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 11:24 PM
    You can call the DMV to check the status of your license, but to pay the ticket off (with late fees of course) you'll have to contact the courts in the county where you got the ticket :)

Jul 3, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Can Dmv tell me what court I have to go to... Do you if I have to to court for it or Would I be able to just pay everything off?
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 02:30 PM
    You shouldn't have to go to court as long as you pay everything off. Every state and county is different. The DMV would probably be able to tell you which court to go to, but I can tell you it'll be the county court where the ticket was issued. If you tell me the county I can probably find out for you :)

Jul 3, 2007, 02:33 PM
    I know I got the ticket in Hartford... Bradley International airport bdl Im pretty sure that was it I don't know if hartford would be the county... I just really want to get this taken care of... Thank you so much
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 02:34 PM
    You're welcome. Tell me what state and I'll find out for you :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Never mind. I had a brain blank haha :) Here is the county courts webpage for you : Hartford County Courthouse (95 Washington Street)

I hope this helps and if there's anything else I can do let me know :)

Jul 3, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Thank you!!
    Do you think I should call Dmv or should I call the court House 1st?
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 09:43 PM
    I would call the courthouse first because its been so long since you got the ticket, they'll be able to help you more than the DMV. :) After you pay the ticket though, you may have to pay the DMV to reinstate your license, so you will have to talk to them eventually.

Jul 3, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Thank you very much I got the court phone number I needed and now I can go and get this all straightend out FINALLY!
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 10:05 PM
    I'm glad I could help you and good luck! I hope everything turns out OK! :)
    afrim009 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 10:18 AM
    I have a similar issue. Except mine is failure to appear in court after I pleaded not guilty to a ticket. I was rescheduled twice and never showed up. Can someone advise me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suspended license [ 1 Answers ]

My sons license was suspended because he was in an accident with an uninsured vehicle. This happen in the state of Florida and he was 16 when this happen. How can he get his license back. He had no knowledge of the vehicle having no insurance Thanks padovaniv

Suspended sentence [ 1 Answers ]

I was charged with assault with a weapon a few months ago and my lawyer gave me the papers about my case and included in them was a paper saying what crown council wanted. They want me to get a "suspended sentence" can anyone tell me exactly what that is. And if it will be on my record forever. Or...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search