Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heets Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2005, 02:22 PM
    Central ac fan cycle
    I recently installed a new honeywell thermostat because the old one wasn't measuring the temp correctly or consistently. The new thermostat is doing a wonderful job of maintaining a consistent indoor temp but whenever the cooling cycle begins the ac unit starts up then there is a few second delay followed by the fan kicking in. About 20-30 seconds later the fan shuts off for about 3 seconds then starts again and works fine throughout the rest of the cooling cycle.

Any ideas why this is happening or how to fix it?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2005, 02:56 PM
    The new thermostat should have nothing to do with the blower. Power is supplied to the blower circuit the same time as to the A/C compressor relay. However the blower has additional limit switches or timers controlling the relay for the fan. The problem could be in some of the other switches or the fan relay itself. It may be designed to delay start up or shut off the blower. Finding a schematic of the controls would make it much easier to figure out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2-cycle oil / gas ratio [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a way to consolidate gas tanks. I have three different machines that of course all use a different ratio. Auger is 24:1, snowblower is 50:1, and weedeater is 40:1. Is there a product out there which would allow me to use 1 or 2 tanks for these... I'd appreciate any input ...

Irregular cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know I am the mother of 2 young children I got my period but its irregular could I be pregnant.could using drugs affect my period

Menustral cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a 25 year old girl and since few months my cycle has become very very irregular this month I had it twice I went and saw a doctor and she told me that it was due to stress or getting over exhausted but I am still very nervous about it and need a second advice.how normal is it to have your...

No heat cycle [ 2 Answers ]

Boiler will go to set temp //shut off then not cycle back on when temp drops below setting.. if I turn the thermstat off then back on it will heat to set temp but not come back on.. pump doesn't seem to shut off even at 5-6 degrees below set temp.theromstat is a RobertShaw on a wellsMclain...

Menustral Cycle [ 3 Answers ]

Is it normal to get your period about a week or less before it's due?

View more questions Search