Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rolorolo24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Garagedoor outside keypad reset code
    Hello,

I have a question regarding our garage door outside key pad. My mother never really used the outside keypad located on the side of the garage door because, she always used her remote, anyway... we are trying to reset the code and put in a new one, BUT we don't know how. Is there any way you can help us out with this?

Thanks...
    caimakale Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rolorolo24
    Hello,

I have a question regarding our garage door outside key pad. My mother never really used the outside keypad located on the side of the garage door because, she always used her remote, anyways... we are trying to reset the code and put in a new one, BUT we dont know how. Is there any way you can help us out with this ??

Thanks...
    You usually have to erase all the codes in the garage door logic board usually located on the back of the motor.

The openers I am familiar with are fairly simple. You push and hold the button on the logic board down for 10 seconds, that will clear all stored codes. You can test to see if all codes were cleared by pushing one of the remotes and see if it opens it.

To program the remotes and keypads is fairly simple. Push the button for a couple seconds until the light starts blinking on the logic board then push the button on the remote. That's it, push the button on the remote again to make sure it now opens and closes the garage again. Follow those sames steps to program another remote, but be careful that you don't hold the button on the logic board down for to long or you will erase all the codes and will have to start over.

Once that's done, push the button again on the logic board as if you were going to program another remote. Once the light is blinking, go to the keypad, enter the new code you want and press enter on the keypad. It will transmit the code (just like pushing the button on the remotes) and your garage door should now be programmed for the keypad.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 3, 2007, 11:20 AM
    When I moved into my house I was able to find directions on line to reprogram the keyless entry pad that the previous owners had installed. Do a Google search for "genie keypad instructions" (use the right brand name for your opener, of course).
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 4, 2007, 03:56 PM
    In Your Remote, Garage Motor, And Key Pad Are Dip Switchs, Change Them All To The Same Thing, You Change Them Buy Sliding Them Up Or Down, There May Be 5 Or 6 Of Them In A Row
    Montina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 04:31 PM
    :confused:Hello, I need to change the code on the keypad on the outside garage door and also the actually controllor for the cars. My soon to be ex is moving out and he has always done this... could you please help me.
    AmericanEmpire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 10:14 PM
    The best bet might be to search Google for the exact make and model of the garage door opener and view the manufacturers specs and directions. Usually changing the code is not too difficult, but each garage door opener is different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Integrated keypad and control panel [ 4 Answers ]

We have been shopping around for a security system for a while. Lately we have been talking to a company called Monitronics and they have offered us 5 doors, 4 windows, one smoke, and one glass breaker for 210 dollars. Our concern is that their system does not have a separate control panel....

Reset button keeps needing to be reset [ 2 Answers ]

The reset button on our oil furnace needs to be reset every 10 to 14 days. What can be the problem? We are leaving for the holidays and I'm concerned that we could come home to frozen pipes.

Installing wireless mouse & num keypad [ 11 Answers ]

I have a compaq evi n610c, secondhand, but it doesn't recognize the USB wireless mouse. I'm not sure what I need to do. Any ideas?

View more questions Search