Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deeago Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2005, 10:07 AM
    Evaluation or Trial period softwares
    I have so many softwares, downloaded from net. Most of shareware...
    I have found some software's key but some are Trial period. After some days or weeks it will close and I can't run it again. Is there any solution for cracking these type of limited softwares from Registry(regedit)?
    I have uninstalled some software and removed entry of that software from Registry. It worked... but not for all type of Trial period software...
    Please help me what do I do?
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Jun 28, 2005, 11:50 AM
    Sorry dude but if you want the program BUY IT!!

No one is going to help you pirate software.. Now, go away!

Murray
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 28, 2005, 11:54 AM
    Please don't ask or expect us to help you steal software. Software falls into several categories. There is commercial software which has to be purchased up front. There is demo or trialware where you get a free but limited version of the software to try out. There is shareware, which is freely distributed on the honor system where you pay if you decide to keep it or you remove it. And finally there is freeware which doesn't involve any cost, but there may be restricitions on usage and distribution (i.e. you can't alter it in any way). There is sometimes, some overlap in these. But the point is that all but freeware requires that you pay if you want to continue to use the software past some trial or evaluation period. To continue to use it without paying is stealing.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 28, 2005, 12:17 PM
    Trial Period Software
    Not going into explanations over trial,demo,or evaluation software,as that has been explained.Suffice to say that editing the registry might seem to make the software work a little bit longer,but the owners of the "code" have already thought that one through,and use "other means" to tell the software that unless you now buy the program,it isn't going to work.Just please either uninstall the program for good,or as the site constantly keeps telling people,pay for it legally.You get the benefit of something you want,and the owners can continue to work on any future upgrades,and enhancements,due to a regular budget.Please stay away from any dodgy sites offering cures for everything.It will only end in tears.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2005, 04:18 AM
    Trial Software
    Hi,
    Since you have used Registry Edit, you can find the remnants of "left-over" software by search for various names associated with the software.
    It's a "trial and error" situation.
    For example, if you have Lavasoft ePrompter, just a "made up name". then search for both Lavasoft and the name ePrompter.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2005, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    Since you have used Registry Edit, you can find the remnants of "left-over" software by search for various names associated with the software.
    It's a "trial and error" situation.
    For example, if you have Lavasoft ePrompter, just a "made up name"., then search for both Lavasoft and the name ePrompter.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    Fred,
    Are you condoning trying to get around the restrictions placed on demo and shareware to extend the time one can use such software?
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jun 29, 2005, 05:59 AM
    Evaluation,Trial Period Software
    The idea behind any program is either to buy it outright,try it for 30 days,then buy,or not,or use a "crippled" version,which will be fully unlocked once purchased.This satisfies everyone.The public can test it in the wild,and the owners can see how their product is doing,and usually via feedback,see if any future adjustments are needed.To suggest "editing" the registry to continue to use the program is no more than theft.If I had written something and saw that answer on this site,the family lawyers would be preparing legal documents within a few hours.I can only summise that you are joking,as you well know Fred,that software developers isn't that stupid. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sentencing after trial [ 3 Answers ]

After your trial and they sentence you to jail, at what point do you go. Immediately? Or do you have time to get affairs in order once you know the length of stay?

Trial balance [ 3 Answers ]

I have this question about a trial balance, every time I try to balance it I come with debits 42,110 and credits 42,390. I really do not enjoy trial balances and my teacher has not explained one in class yet, but it is in my homework. The subtractions and additions are my attempts to balance them...

Right To A Speedy Trial [ 1 Answers ]

Is It Not True That I Have Grounds For Dismissal Of A Traffic Citation If The Time Between Arraignment And Trial Date Has Exceeded 60 Days? My Grounds Come From Texas Code Of Criminal Procedure-chapter 32, Article 32a.02 Time Limitations

OEM Softwares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I really want Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional Full-Version but it's over $400! I just recently received a SPAM mail that directed me to a website that sells Adobe Acrobat 6.0 OEM for only $50. The website says it is functionally identical to the $400 retail version and it is completely legal....

View more questions Search