Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traka Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2005, 07:46 AM
    Cut and "Lost"
    I was sorting some XL workbooks and found one I wanted to place to another folder after opening the Workbook.
    Without thinking while the Workbook was open, I Cut the Workbook and a Message came up saying I could not Paste the Workbook unless I closed it.

So I closed the Workbook, went back to it's new folder location, and I think I lost the Workbook. It would not Paste or the Paste seletion on the right-mouse click drop down was not in bold any longer.

Is there a way to retrieve the Workbook or have I lost it forever ?
    I tried Ctrl V but no luck there to .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2005, 09:16 AM
    When you closed the original worksheet did you save changes (it would have prompted you with a popup window)?
    traka Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2005, 09:25 AM
    It did not prompt me for anything because I just opened it to see what I had it for.
    But I was lucky.
    When I did search, it somehow placed itself in the Recent Folder.
    I opened it from there just to be sure. Somehow it was still OK.

But it did not show up in it's original folder, rebooted and there it was, still intact and now safely filed away.
    The panic was it was one of my "greatest projects" and was ready to resume work on it again.
    Wake up call I think.

Thanks for replying.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2005, 04:13 AM
    Workbook
    Hi,
    I am really glad this issue worked out well for you.
    It's not often that something bad happens, and it can be recovered!
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Follow Up to " I need Help. I am simply lost and hurt again" 9/5 post [ 13 Answers ]

First off, I want to thank Val, Philly, and others who posted and gave their honest opinions on this topic. I was recently in a very bad auto accident and spent nearly a week in the hospital and half of the time in a coma. My sister took my phone and tm'd everybody on my list about my condition...

View more questions Search