Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bera Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Going to court tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m.
    Going to see the judge tomorrow at 9:30 to have a judgment vacated. Since the past 3 weeks, I've sent 2 letters to the attorney's office who received the default judgment asking them to validate the debt. Their only response were 2 letters back asking me to call their office to discuss the matter at hand.

I personally think they have nothing on me, and definitely cannot prove this debt at all.

My excuse to the judge tomorrow will be because I was improperly served and I never received the notice. (I have not lived at my old address since October of 2006)

The debt amounts to $2,600...
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Imporper service seems valid approach, don't let the judge trick you into admiting the debt is your, simply tell the alleged debt is not validicated by the plaintiff and no proof exists or when given to you, do admit anything and demand to see the origianl contracct, no contract, no claim, no plaintiff present, no case
    Bera Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 12:49 PM
    I showed up in court at 9:15 am, and an attorney from the plaintiff was there asking me if I wanted to settle. I simply asked them if they had responded to my 2 letter of validation and they said it was only 2 weeks and they needed more time. Well, the judge vacated the order and the next day I had my funds released. Now I have a court date on July 17th again. Its been over 3 weeks, and they have yet responded to my letters. I am also counter suing them for time lost out of work going to court, and all the fees that have been accumulated on my checking account due to the levy.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2007, 12:53 PM
    That's the way to do it. Good luck!
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2007, 12:55 PM
    That's great, now don't put anymore in the account, in fact remove all the funds.

Good job and keep up the pressure on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Capitol one taking me to court tomorrow [ 8 Answers ]

Link to original posting, moved here in hopes of better visibility https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-claims/am-being-sued-credit-card-co-58374.html#post304265 I am being sued (I guess) by Capitol One. I was served a notice 3 nights ago, to appear on March 1 at 1:30 pm, no court room, just...

Court Date Tomorrow w/ Collector [ 37 Answers ]

Hello All, I Currently live in MD however prior to 2001 I lived in NY. 1/2006 I called a small bank in NY I had an account with for years and learned that it had been restrained by a law firm C&S representing a creditor (Spiegel). I called this firm and found there was a judgment obtained...

Please Help I Need This Word Problem By Tomorrow Morning [ 1 Answers ]

You And Your Family Take A Summer Vacation To Ireland. You Discover That The Number Of Americans Visiting Ireland Is Increased By 80,000 Visitors Per Year. Let X Represent The Number Of Visitors In 1997. Plaese Help Me

Superior Court and Supreme Court [ 4 Answers ]

Is a "Superior court" the same thing as the "Supreme Court"?

View more questions Search