Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeannean Smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 01:42 PM
    2nd story deck
    How do you keep a 2nd story deck from leaking onto the enclosed porch below?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 2, 2007, 02:51 PM
    This is a loaded question and one you have asked before, and not, I judge with any good suggestions and I probably know why. You can't really stop the deck run off onto the (I suppose a roofed porch below), and I assume you have a trough system on the porch below. But isn't that half the pleasure sitting in a porch and having the rain patter. I think so. Unless you have structural damage pending, or you know of, is that what you mean ?
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Jul 2, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Is your deck flooring made from 2X6 deck boards? If so... the space between the boards is necessary to accommodate the seasonal expansion and contraction of the wood. You can install solid 4X8 sub-flooring on top of the deck boards if you want to seal them.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 4, 2007, 03:59 PM
    It Is Called Underdecking, It Is Designed Just For What Your Wanting To Do. The Web Site Is Underdecking.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

2nd Story Addition [ 1 Answers ]

We just found out we're pregnant with our 2nd child and need to add to our existing home. Currently we have 1050 sq feet on the main floor of our home with a partial basment. The existing main has 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. We would like to go up on our house and add a master suite, 2 kids rooms &...

2nd Story Shower and Toilet Drain Leak [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: Yesterday, I noticed a dripping sound on the 1st floor ceiling of my home when the up-stair "master" bath shower was being used. I now hear even louder dripping sounds when the up-stair master bath toilet is flushed. I do not hear dripping sounds when the up-stairs "guest" bath toilet...

2nd story tub/shower drain slow [ 1 Answers ]

House is 35 years old and the shower tub (2nd floor) combination drains very slow.I have took off the drain screen and noticed that about 2 -3 inches below screen the drain has something that turns the water to drain. I cannot not snake from here because snake would not get past this piece. Any...

2nd Story Shower Leak [ 5 Answers ]

I have a leak froma a second story shower (I think). I originally thought it was the drain, but after cutting kitchen area floor underneath the water seems to be coming from what I think is a vent. http://www.agtec.net/plumbing Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening. Thanks...

View more questions Search