Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah1987 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Hair colour change
    I dyed me hair jet black about a year ago and I'm bored of it now and want to go brunnette again, however I can't afford to get it done in a salon, is their any home kits I could use to change my hair colour? I really hate it now and I'm desperate!

Thanks
    Sarah
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 2, 2007, 01:14 PM
    You must have quite a bit of regrowth after a year. Can't you just wait it out and have it cut and grow it back to its normal colour without trying to correct a mistake. What is the draw with so much black hair nowadays? Everyone is dying to black and then after a few months wanting their natural blond or brown back again.

I don't know how long your hair is but some short hair cuts are really quite attractive, easy to take care of and very stylish.

Jul 2, 2007, 01:23 PM
    No I've been dying it black for a year but I hate it so much now, my hairs shoulder length but I'm growing it long again, I did have it cut really short and it looked really nice but was too much maintenance and hassle! I need something to get rid of the black

Sarah x
    Expert

Jul 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
    I would suggest going to a salon and having your hair appraised by a good technician for stripping the colour out. I don't approve of home remedies for doing a job like this. It only makes matters worse and will probably destroy your lovely hair. Good luck sarah.

Jul 2, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Thanks for answering and your help! I would go to a salon if I could afford it lol

Sarah xx
    Expert

Jul 2, 2007, 01:43 PM
    You can ask for a price first, and then go from there. At least you will know how much it will cost if you decide. Getting this fixed, sarah, doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. Go to several salons before you are satisfied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair colour [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recently had my hair permanently dyed for the first time at the hair dressers it did not turn out the way I hoped. It's a browny redy shade and I really don't like it isit possible to get my hair back to its origonal colour? I was reading about Loreal colour sap would this return my hair to...

How can I change my hair back to my natural colour? [ 1 Answers ]

I am naturally blonde but have been dying my hair medium brown for nearly 2 years. I haven't dyed my hair again recently and I have decided I want to go back to my natural blonde colour. I have heard about lightening hair dyes but I'm not sure what colour this will turn my hair. Can you suggest...

Dress Colour for Hair Colour? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, my name's Michelle, and I have no idea what colour dress looks good on me. I have long (longer than shoulder-length) straight blonde hair, and pale blue eyes. I'm tanned, but not too tanned, and I'm average weight. I was wondering if there's any colour scheme or something to figure out what...

Need some help with hair colour. [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair about 8 weeks ago with loreal feria 3D colour ( No45 French Roast) Dark Golden Brown to get highlights out of my hair which worked fine but the colour has faded a little but hair is still quite browny/gingery, I wanted to know what colour I could use to tone down the redness as I'm...

Hair colour change after death [ 0 Answers ]

My grandmother died at the age of seventy - nine three years ago. When she was buried her hair was white. It is obligatory in Greece ,where I live ,that the dead should be exhumated after three years of their burial. Last Monday, 11 July, 2005 after the macabre scene of the exhumation my mother and...

View more questions Search