Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annie0607 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Depo-Vera & If I'm pregnant.Read
    I took the Depo-Vera shot for the first time 3months ago. I was suppose to go for the second shot on June 18 but decided I didn't want to be on birth control anymore.So since then I've been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend of course. I think I've been having symptoms of being pregnant but someone just told me the shot last up to 6months... So what do you think?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 10:40 AM
    I took Depo for a year and it took me a whole month to get pregnant after I quit getting the shots. What are your symptoms? Everyone reacts to birth control differently. For some people it takes a year to get it out of their system. Other people, like me, it could be as little as a month.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Doctors will usually tell you to allow 12 months before expecting to get pregnant(as it takes quite a while to get out of your system for some women). Some women get pregnant right after getting off the shot(or even while on the shot) others it takes 18 months or longer. I would suggest you allow at least 6 months of using condoms before trying to get pregnant(I am guessing you are trying, since you are having unprotected sex)so that the shot has some time to exit your system. It is quite possible that you are pregnant already, but it could be that it is from your body trying to regulate back to the pre-shot phase. Wait until you have missed your expected period, and take a test. (provided your period was regular before you were on the shot, and you remember exactly when it should take place. Its hard to know when to take a test when the shot has been involved.)good luck.
    MALI2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 07:56 AM
    I'm Having The Same Problem, I Only Took The Shot And Didn't Go Back For The Second One, Due To The Side Effects. And It's Been 3 Months And I Haven't Gotten My Period. Every Month Is A Struggle. I've Taken Pregnancy Test And They Come Up Negative. I've Heard It Stays In Your System For Up To 6 Months, But Is That Accurate Even If You Only Had 1 Dose?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When will I get my period after going off the Depo Vera Shot ? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Amy. My next due date for my shot is Jan. 17th. But I am not getting it anymore due to my body feeling uncomfortable, I was gaining weight, always felt bloated and I read somewhere that if you have depression you shouldn't be on it, which I do and take Zoloft for it. I was only on...

Depo vera shot [ 4 Answers ]

Can I get pregnant on the depo vera shot?

Depo Vera [ 1 Answers ]

I got the shot back n February and I was wondering since I didn't go back 2 get the second one is there a possibility the shot stop working?

Depo vera shot [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything you can do or take to make the depo vera shot ineffective?

Have Question About Depo Vera [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all my name is Amy. I am 38 years old. My next depo vera shot is Jan. 17th. I have gained weight and gone up 2 pant sizes, I was a size 10 and now I am a size 12. Everything seems to be a little tight, so I am going off the depo shot. I have been on the shot for 4 months. Being on the shot I...

View more questions Search