Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saleh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2003, 02:03 AM
    Slow network
    Dear sir or madam

I have a network with win nt4 server and 30 win 2000 clientes ,my problem is :sometimes my network becomes very slow even the clients work localy I mean (they work on their own PC with graphic applicationes such as corel draw and photo shope and their hard disk) and do not work with network but occasionally the network icon which is on the task bar is on , they can see each other and shair file as well and send and resive file .
    I don't know way the client become slow even when they don't work with network ,and sometimes when they log on for th first time in the morning inorder to start working they have got problem until they log off and log on again and in event viewer of win 2000 ,there is errore which is generate form net logon service.

You will kind enough if tell me how to solve the problem.
    Thanks un advance.
    ;D
    Sparda Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2004, 05:55 PM
    slow network
    Well first id  like to say windows (especily 9x / me and NT) are stupid and are slow as hell when it comes to networking any way, NT 4 server with win2k clients, I've never hurd of such insanity in my life, any way, hmm... slow network, well there are a few questions I have first
    1. Are you using HUB's or Switches
    2. Is there any spacific time it's slow (like when lots of people try to logon at once)
    3. Do the clients have automatic windows update on?
    4. Is the server (iv never known a server to have one of theas but then of cousre I've never hurd of a network that uses NT server with 2k clients) running any kind of firewall?
    5. are all the HUB/Switch connections working problerly (like is there and data loss at all? If you don't know you can probably start by testing the connections by using large packet sizes with the ping command)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Network Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I need help in determining why my network connection has slowed after being added to a new domain. This is a concern because there are approximately 50 other computers linked to this new domain with no problems. The problem occurred when our system administrator had swapped one win 2000 server out...

Slow PC [ 3 Answers ]

Hi New to this site so hope Ive come to the correct forum! Anyway MY PC is driving me mad! It is running so slowly. I regularly run anti virus, spyware, registry clean, firewall etc. etc. I am using Windows XP, have 752MB RAM, 1.24GHz processor, 37.2GB hard drive space, of which...

Slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

:( New sink just installed in the bathroom but it drains very very sluggishly. The installer snaked out the elbow once, and he advised using liquid plumber. (Another plumber once told me never to use Draino anywhere.) Any ideas? I suspect that the clog is from powdery tile grout that somehow...

Trying to slow down a chop saw [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to slow down a chop saw from 3800 rpm to 1800 rpm. I want to replace the cutting blade with a metal cutting blade but the rated speed on these metal blades is a lot less than the cut-off wheels I'm using. Any ideas how I can do this?

Slow dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My dryer takes twice as long as it did before to dry the clothes. I literally have to run it twice to get the clothes dry. The dryer is an old gas dryer that came with the house. I decided it was time for a new one. So went out to sears and did just that. Now my new drier appears to...

View more questions Search