Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelpandstuff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Keyboard acting up
    Well. I messed up my keyboard some how and I have to type this using on-screen keyboard.

It all started after I decided to clean the keyboard a bit. I logged off and then I realized I should shutdown. So I did but I never unplugged the keyboard. I used some q-tips and a damp paper towel.

Anyway, I log back in and it starts acting up. For example when I type '3' on my keyboard I get 'ei8'.

The a, s, d, and the space keys don't work. When itried to uninstall the keyboard, I unplugged it(before I uninstalled) and restarted the computer (and plugged it back in). Everything is fine until the screen where I choose which profile to go on. Then the mouse stops working! :mad:

So I'll turn off the computer and turn it back on and go into my profile and its as if I never uninstalled my keyboard! :eek:

Its like my whole PC has it in for me.

Maybe something is wrong with the whole thing.

I have a sony vaio and the standard keyboard. I am also running on windows xp.
    The keyboard was working before all this.

Please help. Thanks.
    vball43 Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2007, 08:51 AM
    NEVER use water you have to use air in a bottle or something. AIR! Or you can blow on it. Again NEVER USE WATER!! You may need a new keyboard. AIR! (learned that in technology last year lol)
    ineedhelpandstuff Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Could be but it was only damp.
    vball43 Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Its still water.
    laffingravy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 09:41 PM
    I am assuming the keyboard is ps2 and not USB. Could be damaged or just bad luck occurring at the same time. Check the connector for bent pins. When you uninstall the keyboard, be sure it is plugged in. When you reinstall be sure it is plugged in BEFORE you start up the computer. If that doesn't help, either roll back or reinstall the driver through Control panel> keyboard>hardware>driver. If that doesn't help. Try using the keyboard on another computer to see if it is working. Let us know what that does. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Acting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm studying computers but for the last 4-5 months I have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where I live there isn't many acting classes, I don't no what to do. How do I get into the business? I have no experience in...

Acting! [ 4 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am very, very interested in becoming involved in community theatre here in chicago. I currently live in chicago and have just completed a year's worth of acting classes at a local theatre school. Simply, I want to start performing. I want to really experience the...

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

Acting strange [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is acting very strange. She has a toy that all of the sudden she won't leave alone. If she is away from the toy she gets very depressed. I've had her for 2 years and she's never acted like this before. It started about two days ago, and we've had the toy since December. What's wrong with...

TV acting weird! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung 27 in TV that is about 4.5 yrs old. Recently the screen has been fading to black (w/ sound still on) right after I turn it on and a minute or two later, the picture comes back and it's fine. If I turn it off for a little while and turn it back on the same thing happens. I know you...

View more questions Search