Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 07:53 AM
    The road out of Iraq.
    ... goes through Tehran as tomder likes to say:

The US military in Iraq has accused Iran of orchestrating an attack that killed five US soldiers and of using Lebanese militants to train insurgents.

The information came from a top Hezbollah fighter recently captured in southern Iraq, an army spokesman said.

Brig-Gen Kevin Bergner said the suspect admitted working with the Quds Force, linked to Iran's Revolutionary Guards.

Iranian officials have always denied involvement in anti-US and anti-British attacks in Iraq.

Tehran says it supports the US-backed Iraqi government, and blames the violence on the myriad conflicts within the country since US-led forces toppled Saddam Hussein in 2003.

But Gen Bergner insisted that the Quds Force knew of and helped plan the attack on a Karbala government compound in January.

'Prior knowledge'

Gen Bergner said the Quds Force and the Iranian-backed Lebanese Shia organisation Hezbollah were jointly operating camps near Tehran in which they trained Iraqi fighters before sending them back to Iraq to conduct attacks.

Gen Bergner said Hezbollah's Ali Moussa Dakdouk - who he said was captured in southern Iraq in March - was the liaison between Iran's shadowy Quds Force and a breakaway Shia group.

Gen Bergner said it was this group - led by Qays al-Khazaali, a former spokesman for cleric Moqtada Sadr - that carried out the attack against the provincial government building in Karbala in January.

Mr Dakdouk "was directed by the Iranian Quds Force to move Iraqis in and out of Iraq and report on the training and operations of Iraqi special groups," Gen Bergner said.

"They were being taught how to use EFPs (explosively-formed penetrators), mortars, rockets, as well as intelligence, sniper, and kidnapping operations," he added.

Correspondents say the accusations appear to be part of a continuing campaign by the US military to link Iran with insurgency violence in Iraq.

US commanders have long accused Tehran of financing and anti-US militants, but this is the first time they have accused Iranians of prior knowledge of the Karbala attack.
    So we find Iranian weapons, capture Iranians and Hezbollah in Iraq and all the drive-by media can say about it is "the accusations appear to be part of a continuing campaign by the US military to link Iran with insurgency violence in Iraq." Ya think there's a reason for that?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Brig. Gen. Kevin J. Bergner out right accused senior Iranian officials of the Quds involvement :

“Our intelligence reveals that senior leadership in Iran is aware of this activity.”

Question: “Can you define senior leadersip?”
    Mr. Bergner: “I think I’ll leave it at that.”
    Question: “Would you exclude the supreme leader?”
    Mr. Bergner: “I’ll leave it at ’senior leadership in Iran’”?
    Question: “Put it this way: Do you think it’s possible that he doesn’t know?”
    Mr. Bergner: ‘’That would be hard to imagine.”
    Hezbollah called Iran's 'proxy' | New York Times Video

Steve ;as far as I am concerned what you present is the smoking gun to what everyone hass known for some time now .

Michelle Malking at Hot Air wrote this in March :

The Karbala raid is suspected of having been an Iranian operation, possibly conducted in retaliation for the seizure of five of their “diplomats” by the U.S. in Irbil a few weeks prior. Supposedly the five were members of the Quds Force, the elite wing of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard who are in Iraq training and supplying Shiite militias. The raid was unusual in its professionalism: the attackers spoke English, wore U.S. uniforms, and drove American-style SUVs, all of which was thought to be above Sadr’s pay grade but certainly not Iran’s. All of which was known before — except for the possible involvement of Khalazi, who was identified yesterday by the AP as the leader of the Iranian-trained “rogue” splinter group of Mahdi Army fighters.
    Hot Air » Blog Archive » Big news: U.S. arrests leader of breakaway Mahdi Army faction for Karbala raid

Yes it's past time to take off the gloves . I just wonder if we haven't done so already .

Murder and oil mayhem plunge Iran’s strongman into crisis - Times Online
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    ...goes through Tehran as tomder likes to say:

So we find Iranian weapons, capture Iranians and Hezbollah in Iraq and all the drive-by media can say about it is "the accusations appear to be part of a continuing campaign by the US military to link Iran with insurgency violence in Iraq." Ya think there's a reason for that?
    Of course anyone following the situation in Iraq had known of Iran's participation in Iraq. Why haven't the American people been fully made aware?

Perhaps the following will answer that:
    “U.S. unveils evidence Iran fueling Iraq war
    Expert who exposed nuke program says Tehran agents hold top posts in Baghdad

"What I think many of us are concerned about is that we stumble into active hostilities with Iran without having aggressively pursued diplomatic approaches, without the American people understanding exactly what's taking place," Obama told John Negroponte, picked to become Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's deputy.

Same old appeasement game by the Dims- while Iran sets its own agenda in Iraq.

WorldNetDaily: U.S. unveils evidence Iran fueling Iraq war
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Yes it's past time to take off the gloves . I just wonder if we haven't done so already.
    Shhhh!! Don't tell the Dhimmicrats, they'll spoil everything.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    Of course anyone following the situation in Iraq had known of Iran’s participation in Iraq. Why haven’t the American people been fully made aware?
    Of course we know, but too many are either in denial or just brush it off. We can't be made fully aware of anything that would validate what Bush has said or done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me to pass the road test [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first time to writing someplace to get help. The problem I am having May be is not a big issue in your eyes, but please help me. I am trying to get A driving license. as millions of people are driving. I feel so embarrassed as I still don't have my license so I can drive freely...

Road in Autumn in France [ 4 Answers ]

We have a genuine etching by Henri Jourdain titled "Road in Autumn in France" Paris Etching Society It was distributed by Turner of New York,Chicago and Los Angles with SLZ logo. It is in original frame ,backing and cover. Trying to determine if it has any value. What is it...

The Road Etiching [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any information on this etching? Here is what it said on the back of it: Genuine Etching By Philippe Entitles: "The Road" Paris Etching Society Here is a picture of what it looks like http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9921/theroadxu6.th.png

Road easement [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to buy 36 acres of land. The only way to access the land is from an old coal mine road which I would not own. Are there laws that would allow me an easement to use the road if the roads owner is not willing to allow me access?

View more questions Search