Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justinl1234 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2007, 10:53 PM
    Getting buff
    I excersice regularly and stuff but I want more musscles. I am thinking of taking protein supplements and stuff but Im not sure if the musscles would stay with me and actually be strong as I would be if I had worked out without them. Any suggestions or opinions on this matter please? If I do take supplements and so on, would I see noticeable change in musscle mass within a month's time?
    Romeo_Bravo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Well, I'm not an expert on this, just someone with experience on this matter. I know you shouldn't expect fast results when it comes to muscles. I don't really know whether you will see changes in muscle mass within a month. Muscles do take some time to develop.
    As for proteines, they will support muscles when they're recovering after a work-out. So don't worry about your muscles going away or losing strength. But realize that in the end it all comes down to you. Don't expect the proteines to give you strenght/muscles instantly, they just support the recovery of your muscles. You will have to keep training to get buff, but with the proteins, it will go faster.
    Me personally, I don't use protein suplements, but eat something which is rich on proteins after every work out, like chicken, eggs, tuna or that sort of thing. Works for me.
    X-stream87 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Jul 10, 2007, 09:23 AM
    There is nothing wrong with taking a protein supplement, all it does is support the recovery of your muscles after a workout, also when you take them in a liquied form like you can buy from any GNC it digests faster helping for a more quick recovery also since Protein is a natural element in the body which is in most foods your body won't depend on it or go out of whck when you stop taking it.
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Eat. Lift. Rest. Grow.

That's all there is to it.
    SillyWillie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Muscle growth responds to resistance training(weights),not an increased amount of protein. Protein helps in the regrowth of muscles, but they must first be damaged through weight training. In my opinion a protein supplement is not necessary.

It usually takes 6-8 weeks before you notices results of muscle growth.
    hayabusakid Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 02:54 PM
    I take protein supplements after my gym session to aid recovery, its not some miracle drug that just pumps up muscles like steroids. Actually one scoop of protein powder gives the same amount of protein (giv or take a few grams) as a breast of chicken which is a good thing to eat while training. If you get a protein supplement choose well because some of them taste rank and are hard to swallow, others give stomach aches... I fin Optimum Nutrition 100% gold standard whey to be very effective. Also the double rich chocolate flavour is really good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift for WWII History Buff [ 6 Answers ]

Anybody who has a passion for the history of WWII... can recommend a gift for my friend. All that I know is he loves the history of WWII, he loves football and the law. Based on this anybody have any sugestions on what I can get him? I was thinking a good documentary on WWII but like you can tell I...

View more questions Search