Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franklin girl Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Did I do something wrong?
    I have been "talking" to this guy that I had meet through a work related project for about 6 months. He left his position with the company that was connected to my company but before that we had gotten pretty intense with the emailing and calling on a daily basis. We had even exchanged our personal email addresses so that we could both be "accountable" in continuing after he left his position. He wanted a picture of me so he could put a face with a name as he had sent me one of himself recently. I sent him an email on Saturday morning to see how it felt to be a free man and make sure he got home after his going away dinner on Friday night, and he hasn't emailed me back. I know this may seem odd that I am even concerned since it has only been a couple of days but we had not gone more than a day in the last few weeks without talking or emailing multiple times a day. I am coming off a really messy divorce and have not been very quick to get back in to the game of dating so I am very picky about who I even get into anything with. Did I read the signals wrong? The reason I ask is because I have never done anything this intense over the internet and it actually felt more honest than in person because he wasn't just saying what he thought I wanted to hear as he had no way of knowing.

Please help with some advice because my natural inclination is to not give this possible relationship another thought because I have a family and responsibilities that are more important. I keep saying what a waste because I believe that we (people) are attracted to people for a reason and I am hesitating because I think he may be one of the good one's that come around very rarely!

:confused:
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 10:40 PM
    Take care of what is important. Write this one off and take better care of yourself, you need time to heal.
    confusiousays Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin girl
    I have been "talking" to this guy that I had meet through a work related project for about 6 months. He left his position with the company that was connected to my company but before that we had gotten pretty intense with the emailing and calling on a daily basis. We had even exchanged our personal email addresses so that we could both be "accountable" in continuing after he left his position. He wanted a picture of me so he could put a face with a name as he had sent me one of himself recently. I sent him an email on Saturday morning to see how it felt to be a free man and make sure he got home after his going away dinner on Friday night, and he hasn't emailed me back. I know this may seem odd that I am even concerned since it has only been a couple of days but we had not gone more than a day in the last few weeks without talking or emailing multiple times a day. I am coming off of a really messy divorce and have not been very quick to get back in to the game of dating so I am very picky about who I even get into anything with. Did I read the signals wrong? The reason I ask is because I have never done anything this intense over the internet and it actually felt more honest than in person because he wasn't just saying what he thought I wanted to hear as he had no way of knowing.

Please help with some advice because my natural inclination is to not give this possible relationship another thought because I have a family and responsibilites that are more important. I keep saying what a waste because I believe that we (people) are attracted to people for a reason and I am hesitating because I think he may be one of the good one's that come around very rarely!

:confused:
    I would just drop him an email or phone message telling him that you are concerned and if he's just trying to blow you off you would respect his honesty in telling you he's not interrested in a relationship with you. Just keep trying and see what happends.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 1, 2007, 11:59 PM
    You just broke up.
    You need to heal, don't put yourself in a position in which you can hurt yourself further for a while, divorce followed by rejection or other hurt would really suck.
    Give it time, be yourself. Be honest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is There Something Wrong With Me? [ 16 Answers ]

okay so here's the deal guys.. im 17 yrs young and i have had two sexaul partners. The first one of which i lost my virginity to i never had an orgasm or came at all.. now im with another guy and i love him a lot and when we do have sex i enjoy it i never fake it but it seemslike i get dry fast and...

What am I doing wrong? [ 8 Answers ]

:( I am a frustrated single mom with a 12 y/o boy. His father has always been there for us, even though we seperated when our child was four. I was fifteen when I had him and still have never married. His father recently is in the process of getting divorced from his wife and has moved to...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

What's wrong now [ 1 Answers ]

I have a centurion wall clock it works but after a few hours the pendelum will stop moving and the time will stop what causes this to do this?

Is something wrong? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and 2 years ago I got pregnant when the condom broke and had an abortion because I was not ready at the time and the relationship was so new. I have not been using any contraceptives for the past 6 months because we are now ready to have a child, and now I am not getting pregnant....

View more questions Search