Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jshrckstar Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Jul 1, 2007, 05:07 PM
    My ex and I broke up, what should I do regarding some legal issues?
    My Ex girlfriend and I broke up. We had moved in together, both signed the lease, and she bailed on me after 2 months. I was stuck with all of the bills, which I could not afford. So, I went and spoke the property manager, and explained the situation. He said that we are both equally liable, and that she would be responsible for half of whatever is owed. Today, I get a phone call from one of my ex's friend, trying to pretend that I did not know who she was. She said that I owe, so and so amount, and that it needed to be taken care of. This is extremely funny to me, the fact that my ex can't even be responsible enough to call me herself says a lot about her maturity level. Anyway, I called, and spoke with the assistant property manager. I asked how each of us are liable, and what my portion would be. She told me what I owe, as well as what my ex owes. The same amount! Split down the middle! My question is, what do I do in this situation? Should I call my ex's friend back, and explain the situation? Or should I just let it go, as explained to my the assistant property manager, and let my ex find out for herself. I mean, either way, we are going to be billed the same amount anyway?

Check out some similar questions!

Overwhelmed with Rental problems/legal issues [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania. I moved out of my apartment yesterday at the end of my lease. First, I'm in the wrong on 2 things, I'll admit it. I had financial troubles and skipped paying rent for a few months. I've already met with the landlord and am currently working on obtaining the money to...

Legal issues with ss dissability [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, Wanted to find out the legal issue with my situation on ss disability. I am a veteran and after a 6yr fight with ss disability I finally got it. I was injured an wasn't able to go back to work. Before I got hurt I used to ride bikes. Well after the last 3yrs of sittiing in and doing nothing...

Need able addressing legal/criminal issues [ 6 Answers ]

my husband (although we are not "legally married") and i have some issues we are trying to resolve. i am a graduate student and he works from home making jewlery. he has had some past legal criminal trouble we are trying to sort out on a very very very limited budget. i am about to get a job...

Legal Issues [ 19 Answers ]

Here's an interesting one. This thread has got me thinking about legal issues. Do we have a lawyer on this site anyway? What I'm curious is - what happens (and I admit this is a loooooong shot) we inadventantly tell somebody how to obtain something illegally. In the case of the mention...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.