Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paisley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Slow drains
    Being from TX with the recent heavy rains I have noticed our drains are now running slower that usual, we are on a septic system. Is this indicative of more serious problems or related to the recent high ground saturation?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 1, 2007, 08:40 AM
    "Is this indicative of more serious problems or related to the recent high ground saturation?"

What I think is happening is the recent high ground saturation has affected your drain field and now the tank's filling up because there's more discharge going in then the drain field can disperse. See if the tank needs to be pumped and try to use less water until you dry up. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Drains slow [ 24 Answers ]

A few days ago my toilet started draining slow. When I flush, the toilet fills up, and then slowly drains. To get solid matter to go down I have to flush 3-5 times. I first tried a plunger, which did not work. I then tried a closet auger, which did not work. So, I disconnected the toilet and...

Plumming Slow drains [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought my first house and all my drains tub, 2 toilets, a shower, and my washer downstairs in my basement takes a while to drain. The house was built in 1925.

New Basement toilet drains slow [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a new toilet in the basement. The rough in was already there, I just fisnished it. When I flush the toilet it sometimes clears the bowl properly, other times it takes 2-3 flushes and others it has to be plunged to clear the bowl. I have read about venting and distances to...

Drains slow in basement bathroom only! [ 1 Answers ]

I am living in a bi-level house. Drains on the main level and the top level are working just Fine, but I am having some problems with my basement drains. One time, my basement Toilet got stuck and my sister flushed the toilet from the top level, and then, there was a Flood in the...

Bathtub drains slow or not at all [ 9 Answers ]

My bathtub has been slow, very slow, on and off for years. Sometimes drain cleaner helps but most times it doesn't. We actually keep a plunger in the bathroom and my daughter now showers on a step stool! After furiously plunging for hours today I finally searched for the source. I found a drum trap...

View more questions Search