Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 11, 2005, 10:53 PM
    Results of Whiterskin
    Quote Originally Posted by dachsonish
    I just bought some to see what all the hype is about. I will wait to see the results.

-Dash
    Yes, please post your results and how fast you lightened and how much. The Whiterskin cream is new and improved now.

It should work much better than the old version of which I hear was pretty good.
    somy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2005, 07:40 PM
    Whiter skin
    Hi All,

I bought Whiterskin a week ago and I started applying it. The ingredients listed in their site does not say it has coconut oil and other oils also. It has not helped a little bit also. I have started getting acne on my face. Now I don't know what I should be doing with the remaining part of te product. I just cannot continue applying it. This poduct has seriously disappointed me. I had lots of hope with this product.

Terribly disappointed. :mad:

-Somy

Oct 12, 2005, 08:20 PM
    Ingredients?
    Quote Originally Posted by somy
    Hi All,

I bought Whiterskin a week ago and i started applying it. The ingredients listed in thier site does not say it has coconut oil and other oils also. It has not helped a little bit also. I have started getting acne on my face. Now i dont know what i should be doing with the remaining part of te product. I just cannot continue applying it. This poduct has seriously disappointed me. I had lots of hope with this product.

terribly disappointed. :mad:

-Somy
    Sorry it did not work out for you.

When you received the jar does it list coconut oil on it?
    Are you allergic to coconut oil?

If it's breaking you out, you have to discontinue use of it. I don't think they have a money back garuntee. :(

I would not try any other products until your skin as cleared up.
    hindude Posts: 52, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2005, 11:03 PM
    Hi All,

I bought Whiterskin a week ago and i started applying it. The ingredients listed in thier site does not say it has coconut oil and other oils also. It has not helped a little bit also. I have started getting acne on my face. Now i dont know what i should be doing with the remaining part of te product. I just cannot continue applying it. This poduct has seriously disappointed me. I had lots of hope with this product.

terribly disappointed. :mad:

-Somy
    Is that the new version you're using? The new one comes in a clear through glass jar. That's what I'm using now... its supposed to be a lot better. Its looks and smells completely different so maybe the new one doesn't have that oil you're allergic to. You should have them exchange it for the new formula

Oct 13, 2005, 07:42 AM
    Whiterskin
    Its new I guess. It's the same piece which they advertise on their website. It is light lemon yellow in colour and the ingredients is listed on the bottle. It has coconut oil and jojoba oil. My face is oil-prone. I had asked them whether this was a oil-based cream or not, but they replied saying its water-based. That's the reason I bought it. I am very disappointed. :mad: If anyone wants to know the ingredients listed on it I can type it over again.

Thanks,
    Sowmya

Oct 13, 2005, 07:49 AM
    Whiteskin
    hindude,

What are the ingredients listed in your new whiterskin bottle.

Thanks,
    Somy

Oct 14, 2005, 08:57 AM
    hindude,

What are the ingredients listed in your new whiterskin bottle.

Thanks,
    Somy
    You know, I have no idea because I ripped off the label soon as I got it. I can't have my family know I'm using something called "whiter skin" now can I LOL. The new cream is like a completely different product. Its white instead of yellow and has a nice smell to it. I don't know if it has oil in it or not, but it's not oily when I touch it or put it on. It feels just like lotion on my skin. I think you should just email them a nasty email saying your skin broke out and that you want to exchange it for the new one.

Oct 29, 2005, 02:43 PM
    So far my progress with the new formula is considerably better than the old one. The new one does cause more of a slight stinging if you apply a lot at once. Also one night I slapped on 3 finger fulls and in the morning my skin was peeling a little. It washed away after my exfoliation scrub and my whole was really light. But when I put my sunblock on, DAMN that stung like a *****. Maybe there is some alcohol in the sunblock.
    RevAnne Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2005, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute
    Sorry it did not work out for you.

When you received the jar does it list coconut oil on it?
    Are you allergic to coconut oil?

If it's breaking you out, you have to discontinue use of it. I don't think they have a money back garuntee. :(

I would not try any other products until your skin as cleared up.
    Hi ladies, I've been following this thread for a while and am really interested in what you are doing to your skin. I'm also from the Caribbean, living in London and studying at Cambridge. I've met several women who lighten their skin and am curious whether the reasons they give are universal? Would any (or all) of you please telll me some of the reasons you lighten your skin? I'm genuinely interested in your answer.

Nov 1, 2005, 04:00 AM
    Why lighten?
    Quote Originally Posted by RevAnne
    Hi ladies, I've been following this thread for a while and am really interested in what you are doing to your skin. I'm also from the Caribbean, living in London and studying at Cambridge. I've met several women who lighten their skin and am curious whether the reasons they give are universal? Would any (or all) of you please telll me some of the reasons why you lighten your skin? I'm genuinely interested in your answer.
    Have you ever asked caucasians why they tan? They tell you they want to look better, they enjoy the look of a light brownish skin tone. SO DO I!!

Instead I will have to lighten for that color and they will have to darken.
    Go figure??

This for me is cosmetic. Like coloring ones hair, putting on makeup etc..
    This is no different as far as I'm concerned. My complexion and skin tones are uneven.
    I want my skin to be one color of all over from head to toe and a lighter color at that.

It's not about lighter skinned is better, lighter is more attrative. I've seen very unattrative light skinned individuals and absolutely gorgoeus dark skinned people.
    I would not tell someone who is very dark to lighten their skin. They maybe happy with it.

Those are some of my reasons for wanting lighter skin. :D

Nov 1, 2005, 05:15 AM
    Hi Nikkicute
    Thanks for responding to me and I appreciate your honesty. One point I'd like to pick up on: Caucasions who tan simply buy a bottle of suntan lotion, or maybe spend a couple of minutes in a tanning booth. There may be some unfortunate accidents, but none on the scale of what I've seen in London. Many of the women I see who bleach their skin end up with really bad skin in the end, and are not at all attractive after all their efforts. Some of the products used are not safe and still many people continue to use them. Secondly, I think one of the ladies mentioned that once you stop using these products your skin reverts to its original colour and in most cases become even darker. So this then becomes like a sort of addiction, you HAVE to continue using these products if you want your skin to be lighter. Is it really worth it?
    Pale White Skin Posts: 93, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2005, 08:48 AM
    All I know is my skin would look so much better if it was lighter. A couple of shades from head to toe and I'd feel more confident in myself. I'd feel a whole lot better. For many it's an obsession.. but we all have an obsession about something different. You can't judge anyone because theirs might be a little "odd" since you don't see it too often. I just know for a fact that if I had a brighter complexion it, it would really make my face stand out. Everyone's told me that I'd look much better with white skin. I'd have to agree! All I've been using are soap brands though. No results at all but I'll continue to try. I want to buy a whitening lotion but I don't know which ones are effective and what brand to buy that would possibly be sold at an oriental market. Anyone know?
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Nov 1, 2005, 09:04 AM
    Hi ladies, I've been following this thread for a while and am really interested in what you are doing to your skin. I'm also from the Caribbean, living in London and studying at Cambridge. I've met several women who lighten their skin and am curious whether the reasons they give are universal? Would any (or all) of you please telll me some of the reasons why you lighten your skin? I'm genuinely interested in your answer.
    A lot of people would think that we are extremists for doing this to our skin but I think, the grass is always greener on the other side. We who have been born colored would like to be in a lighter girl's shoes & vice versa. Did you ever wonder why people with straight hair have their tresses curled while those with curly ones have it straightened? Same goes for skin. Trying to improve on your looks is not a crime. With improved looks, I can be more confident in my daily dealings. I could look at people in the eye & be a better conversant. It is all about increased self esteem.

Nov 1, 2005, 10:39 AM
    Hi there Dimples, I agree with you that 'the grass is always greener on the other side.' But if you knew the grass on the other side was dangerous to your health, would you still covet it? I notice no one has addressed the issue I raised about the dangerous aspects of these products. Also, WHY would any of you want your skin to be white? Why is that a yardstick for beauty? I'm black and I believe I stand out when I walk into a room, and NOT because I am black, but because I am who I am and the confidence and self-esteem I have in myself shine through - no matter my complexion.

Nov 1, 2005, 11:44 PM
    Hi there Dimples, I agree with you that 'the grass is always greener on the other side.' But if you knew the grass on the other side was dangerous to your health, would you still covet it? I notice no one has addressed the issue I raised about the dangerous aspects of these products. Also, WHY would any of you want your skin to be white? why is that a yardstick for beauty? I'm black and I believe I stand out when I walk into a room, and NOT because I am black, but because I am who I am and the confidence and self-esteem I have in myself shine through - no matter my complexion.
    I am not aiming to be white-white. Just a few shades lighter. Even, lighter skin. I do not aim very drastic changes like that of Michael Jackson. I do my research about products I use before I even try them so I do not think they are as dangerous as you imply.Maybe you like being black. That is fine with me. But different folks, different strokes.

Nov 2, 2005, 04:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dimples
    I am not aiming to be white-white. Just a few shades lighter. Maybe you like being black. That is fine with me. But different folks, different strokes.
    Yes, I like being black. It is who I am, it is how God made me. Maybe being black in a society that privileges white above other skin colours comes with a tremendous amount of disadvantages, and sometimes for a split second (if I am to be honest) we begin to doubt/question our own value and selfworth but then I turn my anger towards the SOCIETY and its twisted values that would cause some people to go to such length and expense to devalue their own identity. I think, Dimples, it is our our thinking we need to change, rather than how we look on the outside to feel truly accepted and loved for who we are. Please, please, don't think I'm having a go at you (or trying to preach at you), I'm also trying to work through this myself and question my own feelings about it.

Nov 2, 2005, 07:23 AM
    Dangerous Creams.
    Hi Nikkicute
    Thanks for responding to me and I appreciate your honesty. One point I'd like to pick up on: Caucasions who tan simply buy a bottle of suntan lotion, or maybe spend a couple of minutes in a tanning booth. There may be some unfortunate accidents, but none on the scale of what I've seen in London. Many of the women I see who bleach their skin end up with really bad skin in the end, and are not at all attractive after all their efforts. Some of the products used are not safe and still many people continue to use them. Secondly, I think one of the ladies mentioned that once you stop using these products your skin reverts to its original colour and in most cases become even darker. So this then becomes like a sort of addiction, you HAVE to continue using these products if you want your skin to be lighter. Is it really worth it?
    Hello RevAnne,

A tan wears off, does it not? And they will HAVE to continue using the tanning products if they want their skin stay darker right?

I still don't see a difference.

I too have heard and seen pictures of women who have used bleaching creams only to end up disfigured. As you mentioned these products are toxic and contain banned ingredients. Most of those cream are smuggled into other countries illegally. Some are made right in the UK (Bolton, Manchester, Egham and London)The black-market network begins in the UK, along with the major producers of legal hydroquinone based skin-lightening creams.

Long term use of hydroquinone has been known to have a rebound effect and your skin get darker instead of lighter. That is why it is for short term use only.

The product I plan on using is all natural and is safe for long term use. It's possible that you can go back to your original skin color but if one uses sunscreen everyday you can maintain your lighter complexion longer and won't have to use the lightening product as often. They have one customer who only buys one jar of their body lightening cream every 6 months to maintain her new complexion. That's not so bad.

Is it worth it? YES!! :D

Nov 2, 2005, 10:15 AM
    Yes, I like being black. It is who I am, it is how God made me. Maybe being black in a society that privileges white above other skin colours comes with a tremendous amount of disadvantages, and sometimes for a split second (if I am to be honest) we begin to doubt/question our own value and selfworth but then I turn my anger towards the SOCIETY and its twisted values that would cause some people to go to such length and expense to devalue their own identity. I think, Dimples, it is our our thinking we need to change, rather than how we look on the outside to feel truly accepted and loved for who we are. Please, please, don't think I'm having a go at you (or trying to preach at you), I'm also trying to work through this myself and question my own feelings about it.
    I have no problems about ethnicity since I am mixed. I have no prejudices about dark color. In fact, I think it is beautiful. When one is dark & look good, she is a TRUE beauty. But when one is beautiful & light color, some people say it might be because she is white or light skinned? No offense here but I heard some women say that a lot. As for me, I have stretch marks after all the dieting & everything & let us face the real facts. When you have darker skin, it tends to look more obvious but with lighter skin, it tends to blend with the skin until you come really close. Another point is scarring after wounds & pimples. I have noted it to hyperpigment more on darker skin. In summary, I do not have anything bad to say about dark skin except that I want to lighten up for purely cosmetic reasons. Hope you understand my point.

Nov 2, 2005, 12:29 PM
    Nikkicute, you seem to be well informed about the products, so obviously you've done your home work. And it does seem to mean a lot to you to have lighter skin but I'm not sure how comparable it is with suntanning!! I think there are deeper social issues operating with the desire/compulsion of black people who want to bleach their skin.

On another point: don't you feel any concern that these products the UK has deemed dangerous can still find their way onto the shelves here? I'm sure not all women who buy these products are as informed as you.

Question- would your friends and family like you any more if you have lighter skin?

Nov 2, 2005, 12:34 PM
    Hey Dimples, thanks for being honest with me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Product Cost? [ 3 Answers ]

Out of the following which are considered product cost? a. Depreciation on the production plant b. Depreciation on the corporate offices c. Paper, toner, and miscellaneous supplies for the office copy machines d. Wages of production-line employees e. Raw materials used in the production of...

New product [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to start a business making a new product. The product would be made from a finished product from one manufacturer and modifing that product. As an example suppose I bought 3-m scotch tape with adhesive on one side and then coated the other side with another adhesive (say Dupont) ,...

Have Any Of You Used This Product [ 1 Answers ]

Have any of you ever ordered anything off WWW.DRULAPRODUCTS.COM?? im dark skin and i am trying to lighten my skin. :d

View more questions Search