Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pale White Skin Posts: 93, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2005, 12:35 PM
    In Hong Kong, China, it's looked upon as a status symbol to have milky white skin, sometimes in Japan too. Women buy skin whiteners to have their skin whiter, and go to lengths to have white skin. It's like the opposite of the USA.

In the USA, it's looked down upon for whatever reason, probably the influence of pop culture. A scrawny tanned boy is seen as innocent, where a scrawny pale boy is looked down upon heavily in the USA by some people.

It's funny how that works but it's true! Pale is in.. So whatever makes you happy! Now if only we knew what products are available over the counter that are effective. Hmm...
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 2, 2005, 02:59 PM
    Bleaching products.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevAnne
    Nikkicute, you seem to be well informed about the products, so obviously you've done your home work. And it does seem to mean a lot to you to have lighter skin but I'm not sure how comparable it is with suntanning!!! I think there are deeper social issues operating with the desire/compulsion of black people who want to bleach their skin.

On another point: don't you feel any concern that these products the UK has deemed dangerous can still find their way onto the shelves here? I'm sure not all women who buy these products are as informed as you.

Question- would your friends and family like you any more if you have lighter skin?
    Well I think it is comparable cause they both involve changing ones skin color for cosmetic reasons.
    What else can you compare it too :confused:.

The social issues go way back to slavery.:rolleyes:
    Seems like a lot of black issues go back to that.
    Field slaves worked out in the fields and were dark skinned, house slaves worked indoors and were lighters skinned, they were taught to read and write. I think that is why till this day some black people think lighter skin is better than dark skin. They've got that house slave mentality.
    You were a house slave you were able to work indoors and was probably treated better cause your dad was also the guy who owned you.

I'm not concerned about the products showing up at the stores here in the U.S. at least not the major department stores or even the discount stores(Wal-Mart,Target,K-mart).

But a little mom and pop store might carry them.
    Around where I live (Wisconsin) if you want to purchase black haircare products (most stores have a limited selection of black haircare products) or hair for getting braids or extensions usually the store you go to the people who work and own the store are asians.
    We have large populaton of Hmong people in Wisconsin.
    They have plenty of bleaching products and I would not be surprised if some of the banned brands were in there some where. Yeah, maybe those type stores might have them sure.

I don't think my family would care. I mother uses bleaching creams. She definitely has the rebound effect caused she usrd hydroquinone products for years, still does, but I'm going to buy her a jar of natural lightening face cream. My cousin uses it too. I don't think my sister does, but since moving to Florida I think she is noticing something's. It's Florida you know? Sunny all the times, people wearing shorts and bathing suits, probably started to notice how even tone some people skins were. Now she wants to lighten her knees and be two shades lighter. I'm going to buy her a jar of the new gel and lotion for Christmas.

I'm more concerned about nosy co-workers saying something. I used a really good cream that is no longer being made and they sent a white co-worker to ask me if I was bleaching my skin!! How dare they!! She said they were talking about me in the employee lounge of how light my skin was lately. So? What is it any business of theirs?

Another guy (the darkest one there, he's from Africa) asked me what I was doing to my face?
    I acted like I had no idea what he was talking about. Lol

Nosy!! :mad:

They will be talking even more when I lightening a couple shades!
    RevAnne Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2005, 09:10 AM
    To Phd Tarewha

Your response to these ladies and the language you use indicate that in spite of what you yourself look like on the outside, you are actually rather ugly on the inside. And in the end, that is all that matters. Our character is the one thing that will sustain us and the one thing that people remember. I think you need to work on that a little bit. You can get your point across (even in cyber space) without being nasty

I may not agree with the practice of skin lightening but I hope that I'm more polite than you are in my responses and my reaction to those who do. As far as I can remember, we are all equaly free to make our own decisions within the parameters the law allows.

RevAnne
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Nov 8, 2005, 12:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PhdTarewha
    There are really no words to explain a person that lives their lives base on rather their skin is light or dark. :rolleyes:
    If you had any intelligence, talent you might be able to have a wonderful life in, career, personal affairs, and just really liking you because your success with your esteem stems from you being you and at your best.

I do believe that if you suffer from discolorations and just have some areas on your skin that does not blend, such as dark circles, scarring from pimples or something like dark spots on your legs,then I believe it may be appropriate to lighten those areas, but to change your skin tone because you think you are more accepted or liked you and all those that support this kind of behaviour deserves all the negatives that comes with it.
    Your failures has to do with your lack of self esteem :D You should be ashamed that a person from the continent of Africa (does not mean you are Black-get it right!) asked you what are you doing to your skin:p as, a person whom is married to a man from/born in the continent of Africa and he is not Black African but is an Afrikhan... do you know the difference? I'm from England,not London... do you know the difference when one says I'm from England, not London and I am a person who has a lot of mixes going on but in the end "I AM A BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN". Michael pictures as a child until now are so very different how can family members explain his nonsense his natural children would have had Michael's original features and maybe skintone, even if the mum is white/black there are some things you can F****UP and guess what your DNA is not one of them.. :p
    I WOULD WISH YOU PEACE NIKKIUGLY, BUT PEACE IS NOT YOURS ... you shall continue to have a UGLY spirit until you come to your senses, all those that embrace what you call grown up decisions will be forever doomed.
    SO KEEP ON PLAYING STUPID...WHAT YOUR SILLY *** DOES NOT KNOW, IS NO ONE THINKS YOU ARE PLAYING STUPID :eek: YOU ARE REALLY STUPID, DUMMY! ;)
    I think you must be really really ****ed up to say these things. First & foremost, what we do with our skin does not have anything to do with you. We earned what we spend so what is that to you? We do not owe you any explanation for everything. Secondly, we are not failures. Most people who think of beautifying their outward appearance are already okay on the inside so we are just improving on what we think we need to. Obviously, you still have a lot to do about your insides from the way you curse.I would imagine you look as bad as you sound. Get some manners, will you? If you do not like these forums that are very much into everything you condemn, I suggest you put your large foot where your mouth is & shut the **** up. We do not need your opinion here. Read on if you are amused but we do not like you here so do get out. Please. Thirdly, not all people in these forums have African heritage. Some are Asians, others Mediterraneans, etc so do put your anger elsewhere. There are a lot of reasons people want to look better & maybe you have way too much confidence to say that you do not need any improvement in your life. Wow! Hey, get a shrink than visit these sites. They would do you a lot of good. We do not need a SUPEREGO like you. Hmmm... if you are so great, why bother reading on. Tsk.. tsk... MAybe you are not so great after all. Have a nice day, !
    kammiepooh Posts: 15, Reputation: -1

Aug 16, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Well I think it is comparable cause they both involve changing ones skin color for cosmetic reasons.
    What else can you compare it too :confused:.

The social issues go way back to slavery.:rolleyes:
    Seems like a lot of black issues go back to that.
    Field slaves worked out in the fields and were dark skinned, house slaves worked indoors and were lighters skinned, they were taught to read and write. I think that is why till this day some black people think lighter skin is better than dark skin. They've got that house slave mentality.
    You were a house slave you were able to work indoors and was probably treated better cause your dad was also the guy who owned you.

I'm not concerned about the products showing up at the stores here in the U.S. , at least not the major department stores or even the discount stores(Wal-Mart,Target,K-mart).

But a little mom and pop store might carry them.
    Around where I live (Wisconsin) if you want to purchase black haircare products (most stores have a limited selection of black haircare products) or hair for getting braids or extentions usually the store you go to the people who work and own the store are asians.
    We have large populaton of Hmong people in Wisconsin.
    They have plenty of bleaching products and I would not be surprised if some of the banned brands were in there some where. Yeah, maybe those type stores might have them sure.

I don't think my family would care. I mother uses bleaching creams. She definitely has the rebound effect caused she usrd hydroquinone products for years, still does, but I'm going to buy her a jar of natural lightening face cream. My cousin uses it too. I don't think my sister does, but since moving to Florida I think she is noticing somethings. It's Florida ya know? Sunny all the times, people wearing shorts and bathing suits, probably started to notice how even tone some people skins were. Now she wants to lighten her knees and be two shades lighter. I'm going to buy her a jar of the new gel and lotion for Christmas.

I'm more concerned about nosy co-workers saying something. I used a really good cream that is no longer being made and they sent a white co-worker to ask me if I was bleaching my skin!!! How dare they!!!!!! She said they were talking about me in the employee lounge of how light my skin was lately. So? What is it any business of theirs??

Another guy (the darkest one there, he's from Africa) asked me what I was doing to my face?
    I acted like I had no idea what he was talking about. lol

Nosy!!!!!!!! :mad:

They will be talking even more when I lightening a couple shades!!

What compels people to want to change who you are ? I really don't understand it ! Will you be a better, more intellectual, more decent person after you lighten yourself ? Try reading more books or even looking at National Geographic or anything that will constructively inform about your individual heritage, weather it's Africa, Asia, India or what ever!! Take a little time to invest in yourself AND Educate yourselves!! FOR GOD'S SAKE!! There are so many problems in the world . So many poor, sick, homeless, desolate people who you could help with the money and time and effort you invest in this skin lightening issue ! It's totally ridiculous!! We all need God's help, His Grace and Mercy to help us learn our purpose on this planet and fulfill our destiny for the short time we are here. Come on! Smart -Up people! I really do think that we as blacks have done a disservice in educating and raising this generation and our youth of today. They are LOST!
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 11, 2009, 10:09 PM
    Well not every cream will work for every person.

I'd say give it a try, buy the small jar. Unfortunatly they do not have a money back garantee so it's on you.

As far as the scam thing goes, I don't know and do not have all the facts but as far as me, I'm sticking to Fair and Flawless and staying away from Whiterskin until I learn more of who is behind the cream first.
    I have heard about Fair And Flawless all over this forum. But I opened up this thread because they are talking about Whiterskin.

However, I can't find a product named Whiterskin, despites this topic about it being 'released'.

Was it discontinued or changed? :confused:
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 11, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Why do you keep bringing up old threads?
    Where are the mods?
    They need to put a lock down on this!
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Oct 12, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Why do you keep bringing up old threads?
    Where are the mods?
    They need to put a lock down on this!!
    Hahahahaa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Product Cost? [ 3 Answers ]

Out of the following which are considered product cost? a. Depreciation on the production plant b. Depreciation on the corporate offices c. Paper, toner, and miscellaneous supplies for the office copy machines d. Wages of production-line employees e. Raw materials used in the production of...

New product [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to start a business making a new product. The product would be made from a finished product from one manufacturer and modifing that product. As an example suppose I bought 3-m scotch tape with adhesive on one side and then coated the other side with another adhesive (say Dupont) ,...

Have Any Of You Used This Product [ 1 Answers ]

Have any of you ever ordered anything off WWW.DRULAPRODUCTS.COM?? im dark skin and i am trying to lighten my skin. :d

View more questions Search