Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blkknt85281 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Connecting Laptop to Main Computer Modem?
    How do you do it? I have an HP Desk Top computer and a Dell Laptop. What do I need to connect both to the Zyxel p-600 Modem?
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jul 1, 2007, 12:32 AM
    The P-600 is a series of DSL CPE products. Do you have the exact model number?
    HelpMonkey Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 08:24 AM
    You need either a hub or a router... a hub will allow you to set up pppoe coinnections on both computers... a router is much better though as it sets up the dsl connection and protects your systems with a nat firewall... I recommend linksys or dlink... stay away from the cheapies though as they can be nutso to setup...
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Jul 13, 2007, 06:17 AM
    I would recommend a wireless router from LinkSys, DLink, Netgear, etc... Any of which you can find at BestBuy or even WalMart. My choice for wireless would be so you can plug your desktop directly into the wireless router and the laptop can run from anywhere and you would not be restricted with wires on the laptop. If your laptop doesn't have a wireless card, you can pick one up wherever you buy the router from. You could easily set up tye entire wireless network for less than $85 including both the router and a wireless adapter for the laptop if you need one.

Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Connecting laptop [ 5 Answers ]

Is it possible for me to connect my laptop to my TV using an s video lead?

Connecting my laptop to my TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop. It doesn't have any TV out ports, just several USB drives, a headphone/mic 3.5m slot, and a VGA port. My TV has an audio/video tricolour port thing (as used to connect the PS2) and several SCART ports. I've got a lot of videos on my laptop and it's making...

Laptop Modem Connection [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to connect a laptop to a cable modem through a desktop CPU to avoid running another separate network cable from the modem itself ? I want to be able to go online and use the laptop as a second monitor without running another cable.Any info you could give me will be greatly...

Connecting a laptop to PC [ 1 Answers ]

I need to tranfer files from my pc to laptop. How do you do that?

View more questions Search