Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Real Asian Food
    Hi there,:cool:

I have to admit I make very very delicious and real Asian food. ( mainly Jap. And Chinese) food.:D

I always make them for friends and myself of course.

I wonder, is that legal or how can I sell my Asian homemade/real food in the US. I mean, do I need any certification ,to pass any test, to get registered?

P.S. I don't want to open an asian restaurant, I just want to sell it to people who live close by and busy with their work have no time to cook but like to have some of my homemade food.:p

Thank you, yum, I am going to make myself some asian dinner tonight:p
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 03:19 PM
    If you sell the food, you are in a (catering?) business, so will have to deal with any local, county, state, and federal boards and agencies that demand a license, sanitation assurances, income taxing, etc. You will have to put together a business plan, a menu, a price list, advertising, figure out of it's a pick-up or delivery situation, etc. If the food is truly good and the word gets out, you may have your hands fuller than you can imagine.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Lol, I don't have time for the catering business, it was just my thought, I want to see if I could provide any convinience to the community. I can make like 10 dishes during the weekends and just sell those small amount to the neighbours, do I still need to go through all these?
    Thank you! :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 03:54 PM
    If you SELL the food, yes, you must go through this. If someone got sick and blamed the food you sold them, you could be in big trouble. If you want to avoid all that, let it be known you will accept a donation for food you make and give away for free. Check with your county small business office for more details.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 03:59 PM
    I see... accepting a donation sounds like a great idea thank you!
    I didn't think about doing this until one day my neighbour wants more of my food I made to her family and asked me if I could sell it to her, I didn't take the money of course.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 04:06 PM
    If you want only money, you might want to specify "monetary donation" so you don't receive donations of freshly-picked tomatoes from someone's garden or a kitten from a neighbor's cat's litter.

The other thing you could do is trade your meals for fresh garden vegetables (or something else you can use).
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    If you want only money, you might want to specify "monetary donation" so you don't receive donations of freshly-picked tomatoes from someone's garden or a kitten from a neighbor's cat's litter.

The other thing you could do is trade your meals for fresh garden vegetables (or something else you can use).
    I want to trade it with some driving lessons! ^^: lol, an asian chick makes asian food to improve her driving skill...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What was this asian film called? [ 4 Answers ]

I remember watching this film as a kid, I'm not sure whether it's Korean, Japanese, Chinese etc... but its definitely asian. It's a similar style to the whole crouching tiger hidden dragon genre, but was made a while ago possibly 90's or even 80's. All I rember is that there are people who...

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

South Asian Manners [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, this is in no way meant to be a racist thread, I am genuinly curious about this... I've noticed that the majority of posts coming from this area of the World are devoid of any manners, i.e. they do not say please or thank you. The posts are like "I WANT THIS ANSWER, I WANT IT NOW" ...

American Married to Asian can I claim my wife? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American married to a Filipino... We were married May 27, 2006 in the Philippines... She is still in PHi awaiting spousal visa and has never been to USA... All of my income was produced in USA... Can I claim her as a dependent? Thank you for your input

View more questions Search