Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2005, 08:14 PM
    Leaning Block Fence
    I'm looking for advice on how to straighten a leaning block fence. The problem looks something like this (sorry for the poor graphic):

----------| |
    -----------| | Fence leaning to left, away from yard
    -----------| |
    ------------| |
    ------------| |
    -------------| |
    -------------| |____________________
    --------------| | Yard/Dirt
    _____________| |
    Sidewalk

The yard/dirt level differs by about three feet with respect to the sidewalk. I've dug from the yard side down to the same level as the sidewalk. Is it possible to straighten the wall and "create" a foundation on the yard side to hold it in place?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2005, 04:44 AM
    These are hollow concrete...
    Quote Originally Posted by speck
    I'm looking for advice on how to straighten a leaning block fence. The problem looks something like this (sorry for the poor graphic):

----------| |
    -----------| | Fence leaning to left, away from yard
    -----------| |
    ------------| |
    ------------| |
    -------------| |
    -------------| |____________________
    --------------| | Yard/Dirt
    _____________| |
    sidewalk

The yard/dirt level differs by about three feet with respect to the sidewalk. I've dug from the yard side down to the same level as the sidewalk. Is it possible to straighten the wall and "create" a foundation on the yard side to hold it in place?
    ... blocks that were mortared together? It is possible to restore the plumb but not without first digging under the block to restore level before proceeding. After doing that you could poor a base on the yard side at or below the lowest block's bottom and at least six inches up from there. Doesn’t sound like you need anything fancy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fence Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth Thanks!

The fence [ 58 Answers ]

Should the United States build a fence along our southern border with Mexico?

Fence Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth Thanks!

Installing wooden fence [ 8 Answers ]

I want to hire someone to install a new wooden fence. Like to pay him for the job but curious as to how many hours would it require one person to put in 120 feet of fencing. Includes 15 posts and required 2X4's and 6 inch boards. Posts to be installed with concrete. Two gates. Rough estimate is...

Wood fence [ 1 Answers ]

I want to build a fence 8 ft tall and I am requested by the city engineered wind load calculations for 90 miles per hour, sustained for 3 seconds. How do I calculate this? Thanks for any help

View more questions Search