Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lynnski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 08:27 AM
    8 week old kitten
    I adopted a 8 week old tabby yesterday. She has not eaten nor drank anything nor has she used the litterbox. Is this normal? Is so how often does a 8 week old kitten use the litterbox? Will she begin eating on her own?
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    fatchicken Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Maybe the kitten needs to see a big cat doing it so she can learn just like when you saw someone on the toilet and tried to do it to.Ok
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Every kitten I've ever gotten needed time to adjust to their new environment. Just give her time, she will eventually eat. Just make sure to always have food and water available, she might want to wait until night time to eat when nobody is watching her. And just a suggestion, until she gets used to eating in her new home give her soft cat food rather than hard. As for the litter box, when she poops somewhere in the house grab the poop with a paper towel or something and throw it in the litter box. If she smells where the poops is she is likely to start going in the litter box.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Give her a room to be comfortable in alone. Put her food and litter box in there and spend some time in there with her. Be careful of changing her diet you may cause her to get diarrhea. I would not push myself, on her but use a kittens natural curisoty to help bring her around. Enagage her is some type of cat mouse play. Give her time she will come around.
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Jul 1, 2007, 11:08 PM
    I agree with the others. Contact the place that you got the kitten from to see what they were feeding her. If you are trying to feed her kibble, she may not know what it is yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 week old kitten [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have recently received a 5 week old kitten and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how much milk I should be giving her. She is eating solid food but she prefers the milk. She is really small because her mother stopped feeding her so she has lost quite allot of weight. I would really...

3 week only kitten [ 2 Answers ]

My three week old kitten is not using his back legs at all, they are spayed out to his sides and he is draging them when he moves - is this normal?

How could my 2 week old kitten die? [ 1 Answers ]

Perfectly healthy cat( peanut), growing normally, and I woke up at 430am eastern time on 2.18.07 to find him dead. He has a sister name lucky that is healthy also but didn't have "spasm" type thing that peanut would have from time to time . These spasm's would consist of him crying and rolling...

What do I feed my 7 week old kitten? [ 4 Answers ]

Hiya, I just took a kitten from my friend and I have no idea what the best way to feed the kitten is? I get all sorts of ideas from people and I just want to feed him the right way as I do not want to overfeed or underfeed him. Also the maintenance of a kitten? I think I bought the basics but...

6 week old kitten with fleas [ 11 Answers ]

Our new kitten came home with fleas! The vet applied a topical to him, and we were told to vacuum and wash everything he came into contact with. He has been at our house only 36 hours and was in one room- we have done all that the vet told us to do-- will this solve the problem, do you know? ...

View more questions Search