Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PaulC Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 03:31 AM
    Weight loss
    I'm a 47 year old male I went from 225 to 175 5 years ago and I did that in about 8 months of almost starving myself and I eventually went back up to 220

I'm now eating about 1500 to 1800 cal per day and I'm down to 195 I thought this was the healthy way to loose weight but this time I'm still in a size 36 the same waist size as when I started at 220

Very depressing I'm losing muscle mass and it's noticeable the last time I cut my cal intake to around 800 or 900 per day which may be wrong but my waist was down to a 33 by now

Anyone have any suggestions for me,

Thanks
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 06:17 AM
    The older you get the more muscle mass you lose . USDA - CNPP - MyPyramid Tracker this is a good website that tells you a lot about what you should be eating , how many calories you need to maintain a certain weight. How many calories to lose weight and what weight is considered to be healthy for your age,body type and height. If you are not exercising I suggest that you start. Also weight bearing excercises build more muscles.
    PaulC Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    The older you get the more muscle mass you lose . USDA - CNPP - MyPyramid Tracker this is a good website that tells you a lot about what you should be eating , how many calories you need to maintain a certain weight. How many calories to lose weight and what weight is considered to be healthy for your age,body type and height. If you are not exercising I suggest that you start. Also weight bearing excercises build more muscles.

Thanks I exercise regularly I actually started cutting lawns again this spring that's why I can't understand the muscle loss I'm also on a statin drug for heart disease for many years and wonder if that's slowly eating me up..

Appreciate the help

Paul
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2007, 06:42 AM
    If you do the same exercises then your body will become used to them. You have to mix them up some and not do the same ones all of the time. Get a print out on your meds to see if this can cause muscle loss.
    18JustAsking18 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulC
    I'm a 47 year old male I went from 225 to 175 5 years ago and I did that in about 8 months of almost starving myself and I eventually went back up to 220

I'm now eating about 1500 to 1800 cal per day and I'm down to 195 I thought this was the healthy way to loose weight but this time I'm still in a size 36 the same waist size as when I started at 220

Very depressing I'm loosing muscle mass and it's noticable the last time I cut my cal intake to around 800 or 900 per day which may be wrong but my waist was down to a 33 by now

anyone have any suggestions for me,

Thanks
    I am using the Simeons Protocol, I have reduced fat on my body by 25 pounds in 30 days with this program. It is easy to do, I feel great energy each day, my long-term low-grade depression disappeared in 36 hours after starting, the fat has come off from the places where it was abnormally stored (double chin, bubble butt, hips, thighs, upper back fat hump) and I look healthy and not starving. I have normal hunger now whereas before starting the program I was eating constantly and to the point of gagging, but couldn't stop eating. This has been a miracle for me physically, psychologically and emotionally. It is healthy and I am amazed and thrilled. Research Dr. ATW Simeons and check it out. If you can't find info, get the Kevin Trudeau book "The Weight Loss Cure" and check it out ~ I decided to follow the actual Simeons Protocol, which Kevin refers to, since Simeons was the one who figured it all out. My best advice ~ READ THE WHOLE PROTOCOL, titled POUNDS AND INCHES, ALL THE WAY THROUGH BEFORE YOU MAKE A DECISION ABOUT FOLLOWING THE PROTOCOL. The information is amazing. Best of luck!
    Bellah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulC

Very depressing I'm loosing muscle mass and it's noticable the last time I cut my cal intake to around 800 or 900 per day which may be wrong but my waist was down to a 33 by now

anyone have any suggestions for me,

Thanks
    Starving yourself isn't a great way of losing weight. The best thing is positive mental attitude and no fattening stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I loss more of my weight? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm 14 and I'm like 218 pounds and I like this guy but he doesn't see me they way I want he only goes for my friends that are really skiny and I want to know how to loos my leg, belly, back, and arm fat Will someone hepl me...

Weight Loss [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in this bet to see who can loose the most weight the fastest... and I really need help on finding the fastest way to loose a lot more weigth than the other people! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

I am 32 yrs old woman, height 5'2 , I weigh 145 pounds, I exercise 5 times a week since 6 months,but have lost only 1 pound weight.I have lost 3 inches though. I want to know why am I not losing weight

I need to lose weight quickly [ 3 Answers ]

How can I loss my weight with in 12 weeks? It's very urgent... Thanks sujata

Weight loss [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, for the last 2 years I have been trying without any success to lose weight. Am not overweight but it seems impossible for me to loose even 2 kgs. Have tried weight watcher, south beach diet... Would it be possible that I do have problems with my tyroid and who should I consult for that?

View more questions Search