Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Jun 29, 2007, 10:10 PM
    Female circumcision
    I was just wondering what female circumcision was b.c I read somewhere about a little girl in India who died while the procedure was being done to her... but it didn't say what it was... :confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Female circumcision : the partial or total cutting away of the external female genitalia

In other words, cutting off the outer lips.

Jun 29, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Ok Now why would that be done?? Because in the article I read the mother took her 12 yr old girl for the prodecure... Is it a good thing bad thing?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 10:26 PM
    It is mainly done in the Middle East and Africa. Here's an article about it : FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION FEMALE (CIRCUMCISION) IN AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST AND FAR EAST

:)
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Jul 14, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eljay1103
    I was just wondering what female circumcision was b.c i read somewhere about a little girl in India who died while the procedure was being done to her...but it didnt say what it was...:confused:
    In some parts of the world female castration was done to keep the females from "straying"... I hope that it would take more than that to make me stay.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eljay1103
    Ok Now why would that be done??? Is it a good thing bad thing??
    Hello eljay:

It's a bad thing. Girls are just fine as they come out. They do that because they live in a backwards society.

excon
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 07:07 AM
    They are not just fine. It is a barbaric means of torment for these young women. It's a cultural occurrence and hopefuly not performed here in the states.

Jul 14, 2007, 08:01 AM
    I think that most men here have their hands tied up enough without having to worry about a circumsized wife running around. Lol (Not to make light of the issue at hand.. just a little levity on American life.)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello eljay:

It's a bad thing. Girls are just fine as they come out. They do that because they live in a backwards society.

excon
    Do you believe the same about male circumcision?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 14, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy
    they are not just fine. it is a barbaric means of torment for these young women. it's a cultural occurance and hopefuly not performed here in the states.
    I think you misunderstood hun. He meant that girls are just fine the way they are born.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Sorry, I thought you meant they are fine afterward.

Jul 14, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Oh, I got it, I just have a funny sense of humor... but I got it and I agreed.. just in my own way

Jul 15, 2007, 08:57 PM
    So after the circumsion a woman can't Orgasm?? What's straying?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Eljay,

There are different kinds of circumcision, but often girls lose the whole clitoris. Without the clitoris, it's much less likely that they'll orgasm. It's more like cutting off a man's penis than a circumcision. In some cases, the outer labia are also cut off completely, and the two sides are sewn together, leaving just a tiny hole for menstrual blood and urine. Giving birth is a problem then...

"Straying" is just a "cute" way of saying the woman is unfaithful.

So the idea is that by circumcising girls, you make them have no sexual feelings, so they'll concentrate on keeping house and raising the kids, with no interest in sex or men at all, so they'll never be interested in another man besides their husband. They get little or no pleasure from sex, supposedly. (I don't know if that's true.) I get the feeling it doesn't always work, but I think that's the idea.

Also, because it's so common, people in cultures that practice female circumcision expect women to look that way and it's considered "beautiful." Of course, westerners like most of the people here feel differently and consider it barbaric. (I do!)
    Sweet Virginia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 08:36 AM
    I'm pretty sure that female circumcision is of the clitoris and not the lips.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Virginia
    I'm pretty sure that female circumcision is of the clitoris and not the lips.

See "Type 3".
    Female genital cutting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    la-voleuse Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 11:43 AM
    There are three kinds : when they cut if the clitoris and the clitoral hood , when the cut of the and the some of the labia , or when they cut off all of the labia and! It is a cultural thing which I strongly disagree with! In these cultures men will not marry a women who has not been cut! It has no real purpose except to stop a women from wanting to have sex , cultural supersticions and to increase the pleasure for the man! It is usually done with no pain relief and razor blades!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

27 female and never had a boyfriend [ 75 Answers ]

I am 27, smart, funny, and am beginning to better appreciate my looks. I run a lot, do the makeup/hair thing on the weekends and have scores of friends. People are naturally attracted to me on a friendship level because I really love connecting with people and am very much an extrovert. But, I...

Circumcision [ 3 Answers ]

Why are there so many adult circumcisions nowadays?

20 yr old female no money [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any programs that will help a 20 yr old female who doesn't live at home and has psoriasis & psoriaisi arthritis? I have been looking all day and I keep turning up nothing

Circumcision [ 51 Answers ]

I just found out that the baby I'm expecting is a boy! :) Although not religious, my husband and I are both Jewish and it's pretty much expected that we're going to circumcise our child. In fact, if we don't have him circumcised, he won't really be considered Jewish. Growing up I knew a Jewish...

Female governors [ 7 Answers ]

What states have had female governors ?

View more questions Search