Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    intellectpursues Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jun 29, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Best way to learn a foreign language. PC Program or Class?
    I really want to learn Spanish.. I have a couple of ways to do it.. I have some computer programs, a audiobook on my Ipod, and I could take a class at community college. Also my ex girlfriend is native in spanish, so I guess she could help me along with a couple of my friends. Anyway I don't want to do all of these at once, because I think they would confuse me if I'm doing a bunch of lessons at once. When you learned a second language, what method did you use, and how long did it take?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 05:45 PM
    I would take the college class. It's the only way you're going to be able to ask questions and take tests to show what you've learned. Speaking and understanding spanish is fairly difficult, and it would be better for you to have a teacher to rely on :)
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jun 29, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Take classes. It's worth it.

You have the teacher and classmates to help you and practice the language with as well as tests to monitor your pogress.

Learning a language is cumulative and there's obviously a lot of memorization but if you're willing to learn it, nothing should stop you. It's work but as long as you enjoy it, it's fun, too!

Good luck! :)
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jun 30, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Class. Nothing beauts having a person there to guide you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Depending on how the class is run, you may end up learning mostly grammar and syntax. Find out how it's taught, and take the class if there's a lot of conversation in Spanish. Meanwhile, speak only Spanish with the friends who have it as their native language. Immersion in a language is how one learns it best and most quickly.
    Suseelan Sadasivan Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Go for the CLASS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Learn Kazakh Language [ 2 Answers ]

:) Hello Friends, I intend to learn Kazakh Language. Where can I get informations about Kazakh Language ? Please show me the way, thank you. Anthony PMH 02/04/2005 10:50 am MDT :)

Affordable online class for foreign students [ 5 Answers ]

Any ideas about institutions offfering undergrad level course online at affordable prices for international (F1 visa status) students in US? I notice they have us pay three times as much as state residents in community colleges for online classes, is it same everywhere or am I just not...

Looking for software to learn foreign words [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, For my new job I'm learning Italtian. When I was in school, I had a piece of software (by Iris, doesn't exsist anymore) in which I could write my own lists of words in any language. It would then train me by naming a word and I would type in the meaning. If I didn't know, it showed the...

View more questions Search