Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floored Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Floor drain slow/clogged tried everything I think
    My basement floor drain (from the hole in the floor to the main drain, about 15 ft.) is slow & sometimes clogged. When the clothes washer drains, water comes up on the floor, & slowly seeps down.
    I had a problem a few years ago with tree roots & big flood damage, had the old tile drain replaced under the lawn with a new PVC type, & is working good, but this clog is coming from the floor drain to the main, tried a couple different types of augers, (one 3 ft. section broke off when I tried to hard with a drill, and is still down there), and have tried the pressure hose bladders.
    Am I supposed to see water all the time when I look down the floor drain? It sits still about an inch below the pipe.
    Even tried chemicals last year. Any ideas? Thanks Bob
    Hillman Hydro Jetting Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 06:23 PM
    A good thing for you would be hydro jetting, if you replaced only the main line the branch lines still are the old ones with soap grease and all kind of things that break cables, to get that cable out that broke you will need a new cable with a retriver head. Remember never to use chemicals they don't work. Only natural enzimes liquids or powders work to maintenace the drain line after a hydro jeeting is prefprmed here is a brocher from my company in Long Beach,CA HILLMAN HYDRO JETTING SEWER MAIN LINE HYDRO JETING PRO 4000.
    STOP STOPPAGES FROM Occurring
    HYDRO PRO 4000™
    We have drain cleaning cable machines for normal stoppages. However we also have hydro-jetters for those special times when a cable just won't do. A hydro-jetter uses high-pressured water to remove debris & build up along the walls of your drain pipes. Jetters can drastically improve the condition of your drainpipes.
    SE-UWER-EYE™
    The SE-UWER-EYE™ system is a unique remote control camera that can enter a sewer line. This enables us to visually inspect the entire length of pipe from a house to the roadway. If we locate a small problem early and correct it, we can avoid digging up the whole yard and the expense of replacing an entire system.
    BIO CITRUS CLEAN™
    Bio CITRUS Clean™ is a environmentally friendly, totally safe drain cleaning powder/Liquid. It is used as a regular maintenance product to prevent build up along the walls of the drain pipes thereby preventing costly stoppages and repairs. Plumbing Protection Program (E.A.P.) ™
    The purpose of this program:
    Locate and alert you to potential plumbing problems before they become an emergency.
    Find money-wasting leaks.
    Help assure the safe and efficient operation of your water heater.
    Provide you with all your plumbing needs during the year at our special preferred customer "value rate." This is considerably less than what our non-agreement customers pay. Your service technician will be happy to show you your savings.
    Provide preferential emergency service if the need arises for any and all services.
    Provide you with information on available items for the safety and protection of your family.
    If any problems are noted during any of our maintenance visits, we will bring them to your attention. Prices will be provided in writing for safe, legal repairs. We can perform these repairs immediately or schedule at your convenience.
    Hydro-Jetting maintenance program consists of:
    1. Pre-scheduled jetting maintenance.
    2. Clearing sewer system from the building, out to, if accessible, City sewer main and/or property main.
    3. In cases where sewer lines frequently stop up due to a large build up grease, a Degreasing Program may be required.
    Sewer Degreasing Program consists of:
    1. Installing a degreasing agent into clean outs and/or manholes on a Pre-scheduled weekly basis to reduce grease in building lines and main lines.
    2. Monitoring clean outs and/or manholes will be performed on a weekly basis visually or with a sewer camera to determine the reduction of grease build-up in the sewer system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Clogged Bathroom Sink 3rd Floor Condo [ 1 Answers ]

I live on a 3rd floor condo and there is no condo above me, there are two below me. I've noticed lately that my bathroom sink drains slowly. I put liquid plumber and it temporarily fixed the problem. About a week or two later it was draining slowly again. I left it as is. Today after coming home...

2nd floor sink drain slow... all others fine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, So my wife and I bought this house several months ago. Initially the 2nd floor tub and sink drained slowly. I drainoed the and plunged the tub - problem solved, but the sink is stubborn. I've used a lot of draino and tried to plunge and snake it, sometimes it will help a little for a...

Slow basement floor drain [ 1 Answers ]

It all started with an unplugged sump pump. As far as I can tell there has been about 4 inches of water in this basement for a really long time. The sump wouldn't start when plugged in, so I rented a pump and drained from the sump well. What remained was a dark greyish sludge that smelled...

View more questions Search