Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hudson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Ceiling fan repair
    How to repair a ceiling fan .it hums so it has power ,will not spin .What next?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Could be Capacitor, Speed switch, Direction switch, or Fan windings. Listed in approximate order of failure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan Troubleshooting & Repair Frequently Asked Questions [ 13 Answers ]

Check out these tips and explanations from our Electrical Expert. Of course, you're also welcome to post questions to this board for more information: Just click the "Ask about Electrical & Lighting" button at the top of the page.

Repair pull chain on ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

How do you repair a pull chain that has broken off inside the fan

Ceiling Fan Pull Chain Repair [ 1 Answers ]

The pull chain on my ceiling fan that controls the on/off and speed pulled out of the socket. Is there any way to reinsert the chain or must I replace the switch; Is replacing the switch a DIY project?

Ceiling fan remote control repair [ 1 Answers ]

I own a harbor breeze ceiling fan with remote control. The remote control is not working as it used to. With house power on, no signal is received. Request repair suggestions Thank you loydlin:( :(

3-speed ceiling fan switch repair [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the pull chain on my 3-speed ceiling fan and forgot to write down the color coding of the wires going into the switch. The switch is marked 1,2,3,L. The wire colors are; black, orange, yellow, purple. Where to they go?

View more questions Search