Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inzombia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2005, 08:12 AM
    Ants in the apartment, cats and anxiety!
    Live on the third floor of an apartment building and am having a problem with small black/brownish ants. I first noticed them on a chocolate spill that I did not realize was there (silly cats knocked over a beverage). I IMMEDIATELY cleaned the spot, followed their trail, washed the trail and baseboards and taped up the spot they were enteringing through. I was rid of them for a week, until I went into an adjacent room and I noticed they were coming in there! In this room they were just wandering, and I taped up what I perceived to be their entrace, cleaned the carpet anyway, and used pepermint extract on all the baseboards, walls, etc... Now I am not sure what is going on, I can't tell if the ones in the apartment are new or ones just left over. Some are VERY tiny and some are just small, which makes me worry they are babies. They try and disappear behind the baseboards and come back out, they don't seem to be eating just wandering back and forth to the exit site and back to the baseboard. So what I want to know is do I need to kill these few in the apartment, or will they just die on their own? What is anyone's assessment on how I can get rid of these things without hurting my cats? They seemed to be coming from OUTSIDE through a crack in the window and through an old not used window air.
    themouseman Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2005, 05:15 PM
    First take a sample of an undamaged ant to your local entomology program at a university near you. Very important to identiy ant species.

Then try injecting bait into wall where ants are coming from these are not accessible to your cat. The bait must by labeled for your ant and changing from a suger to protein base (check with distributer)
    Or combing both in you treatment stratgy will improve results. http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/...k-antkit_1.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fire Ants [ 5 Answers ]

I am from east Texas,and need some advice on killing these fire ants.just ran up on this site some how,and glad I did.sounds like fun and informative.just wanted to say hi to all.

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

Ants in my home [ 6 Answers ]

Dose anyone have a good home remedy to get rid of ants, something that's safe for kids to be around?

Ants [ 7 Answers ]

Does anybody know any good tips for getting rid of ants?

Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I...

View more questions Search