Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicajean Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 08:45 AM
    When is Moving Ok?
    In a shared custody situation (custodial parent has 5 days, noncustodial has weekends) can the noncustodial parent move out of state during a pending court case for custody? A guardian ad litem has been appointed and has not yet met with the noncustodial parent and the child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
    If the parent not having physical custody moves, that is a voluntary situation. There should be no legal bar against them doing so. However, they cannot expect the same visitation schedule unless they provide for it. For example, if it means traveling to get the child to the parent for the weekend, then the parent that moved would have to pay for the child's traveling. The custodial parent might also be able to prevent that on a variety of grounds.

The only legal bar to moving is if the move prevents the OTHER parent from exercising court ordered visitation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

17 and 23 moving in together [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a month and he said"i love you" about a week and a half later. We have talked about me moving into his aprtment in August because ofhis roommate situation and my family situation. I want to, but I haven't buikt a lot of trust in him yet. What to...

Moving on [ 3 Answers ]

Hello - I posted a while ago about a situation with a hook up buddy, but I'm pretty sure that's over. I don't know what to do now, because I try thinking of who else to go for, but no one compares. It's hard, because the guy I'm moving on was exactly what I wanted and needed, like the perfect...

Moving [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in a friends house (watching over it since NOV 2005) after she moved permatnately back to FL. I have been paying the bills (phone,electric,water) since she left. I had been talking to her about buying the house right after she left and she told me that she would let me know....

Moving in [ 8 Answers ]

Does everyone get scared of the transition of moving in with their other half? Is there any right/wrong way of going about it, or a way to allay these fears? Is it a learning process to live with someone else, or should you be able to just do it? My other half is worried that it might wreak...

View more questions Search