Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzamanm Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Ask About Yoga
    Can Someone Please Confirm Whether Pasechi Moten Or Something Sounding Similar To This Word Exists In Yoga
    Thanks.
    kumar Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Jun 29, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mzamanm
    Can Someone Please Confirm Whether Pasechi Moten Or Something Sounding Similar To This Word Exists In Yoga
    Thanks.
    Can you explain little bit more about what are you looking for?
    As far as the word "Pasechi Moten "is concerned, it seems that it is not linked
    With YOGA.
    For Example following words are commonly used with YOGA

Essential Yoga Vocabulary

Asana
    A posture or position in yoga practice.

Chakra
    Literally, wagon-wheel. A center of energy within the body. Buddhist yoga identifies five such energy centers, while Hindu yoga has seven or more.

Dharma
    Righteousness.

Mantra
    A sacred sound or phrase, often chanted during meditation.

Namaste
    Literally "I bow to you," this is a word of greeting and which is often accompanied by the gesture of placing the hands palms together and bowing the head.

Ohm
    Also spelled Om or Aum, this is the sacred sound of Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. Chanted alone or as part of a phrase during meditation.

Prana
    Life force.

Tantra
    Literally, loom. A doctrine of enlightenment which involve male-female cosmic symbolism.

Yoga
    From the Sanskrit, to yoke or join. A spiritual and physical discipline designed to lead to union of the human spirit with ultimate reality and release from the limits of the individual ego.

Yogi
    A male who practices yoga.

Yogini
    A female who practices yoga.
    kumar Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Jun 29, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mzamanm
    Thanks.
    I hope the following words linked with "YOGA" will help you to solve your problem.
    The Actual word is PSYCHIC & not Pasechi Moten as you mentioned in your post
    In case it helps you, Pl's respond. Thanks

Psychic
    Of or relating to the soul (as distinguished from the mind and vital). Used in the sense of the Greek word "psyche", meaning "soul", the term "psychic" refers to all the movements and experiences of the soul, those which rise >from or directly touch the psychic being. It does not refer to all the more inward and all the abnormal experiences in which the mind and vital predominate; such experiences, in Sri Aurobindo's terminology, would be called psychological (surface or occult), not psychic. [Integral Yoga]

Psychic (the)
    Psychic being; psychic essence; soul. [Integral Yoga]

Psychic being
    The evolving soul of the individual, the divine portion in him which evolves from life to life, growing by its experiences until it becomes a fully conscious being. From its place behind the heart-centre, the psychic being supports the mind, life and body, aiding their growth and development. The term "soul" is often used as a synonym for "psychic being", but strictly speaking there is a distinction: the soul is the psychic essence, the psychic being is the soul-personality put forward and developed by the psychic essence to represent it in the evolution. [Integral Yoga]
    See also psychic.

Psychic entity
    Psychic essence. [Integral Yoga]

Psychic essence
    The soul in its essence; the divine essence in the individual, the divine spark which supports the evolution of the being in Nature. In the course of the evolution the psychic essence grows and takes form as the psychic being. [Integral Yoga]

Psychicisation (psychic transformation)
    The psychic change in which the psychic being comes forward to dominate the mind, vital and physical and change the lower nature. [Integral Yoga]
    mathilde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 05:07 PM
    You mean Paschimottanasa, or intense pose of the west, which is a seat forward bend.Legs straight in front of you, torso extends and folds over the legs. From the sanskrit. "Paschimo" meaning West; "Uttana" meaning intense and "asana" meaning pose. Not to be done by anyone with a weak or injured lower back. The key is to fold from the hips and not the lower back, keeping your belly tucked, abs engaged and maintaining the natural curve in the back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name Of A Yoga Asan [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone Please Inform Me If A Yoga Asan With The Name Of "Pasechi Moten" Exists. Thanks

I Need Info About Yoga [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people. My name is Clive. I am new to this forum and I am getting into yoga... I was checking out this site Ashiyana Yoga Retreat Centre and I came across SATSANG... I would like to know more about this subject... can someone please give me more info about this topic for me. Please do...

Basic Yoga [ 1 Answers ]

Give me an idea of where to start beginning yoga poses and stretches. I am thinking about startng yoga. Thanks!

Yoga levels of meditation [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please give a good basic explanation of the types and levels of Yoga meditation?

View more questions Search