Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MS220 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2005, 10:26 PM
    Visitation
    My friend just got visitation ordered through the courts for his son he haven't seen in a year. My question is if the mother of the child doesn't show up at the place ordered by the courts what can he do? They also have mutual restraining orders on each other(No harassing, can't come to each other's home,no calling the other person's job etc.) The judge ordered that they would have reasonable phone calls in order to discuss the child or even talk to the child on the phone(the child is only 1). He thinks she's going to use the calls as a way to harrass him during the duration of the visitation. What can he do?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2005, 05:12 AM
    Visitation
    Hi,
    If the mother doesn't show up with the child, there is nothing he can do; except, call his lawyer, tell the lawyer what happened, and go back to court with the mother. The judge will probably find her in contempt of court, and take action.
    There is absolutely nothing he can do, except take her back to court.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitation woes. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My ex partner and I have a court order issused in a state that we used to live in. We have both since moved out of this state. Myself 6 years ago and he, 2 years ago. Does our old order still stand or is another order needed... :confused:

Visitation [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend (not married) have a three year old son and we went to court in June 2005 and he was granted every other weekend visitation. From July 2005 to September 2005 he did only 4 visitations out of 21 visitation if he would have continued intil April 2006 and I am taking him back...

Visitation rights [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a new law about visitation rights for the noncustodial parent? Thanks,Roxpate

Visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My friend was suppose to pick up his child for the second go round of visitation. He called the moms home 5 hours in advance to make sure she didn't say she forgot or bring up any other lame excuse. Well when he called her dad answered the phone and said he would call her at work. Well the pick up...

View more questions Search