Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    persian_girl03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Which specality?
    Hi there,
    I’m currently doing my residency outside of the u.s. and planning to continue with my specialty. Do you by any chance know the best specialty in the U.S. How would I be able to see the difference between one specialty then the other one... what about salary wise? Is there anyway that I would be able to look at the average salary?

Thanks a lot
    :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Cardiology is a great specialty in the US today, along with Cardiothoracic and Endocrinology. The salary is very competitive, and is much higher if you have your own practice.

These 3 specialties are in great demand in the US today due to all of the health problems in the country.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 03:54 PM
    I am sorry but if you have already finished medical school, and doing residency you would want to do the type of practice you love, the field that would make you want to go to work every day.

Also do you want to be on call all the time, or have regular office hours.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2007, 04:02 PM
    What is the best is the best for you - your interests and talents. Yes, money is quite nice but if you make a decision based on salary, just how happy can you be in the long term?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search