Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ardellp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Paperwork for a refi
    I am trying to get my house refinanced but I have misplaced my original papers. Where can I obtain the Note, Security deed and the settlement statement?
    Azzurri_Fanatico Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardellp
    I am trying to get my house refinanced but I have misplaced my original papers. Where can I obtain the Note, Security deed and the settlement statement?
    Contact the old mortgage company who should have it all in their servicing department. If not, contact the old title company.
    DianeV Sr Loan Officer Posts: 76, Reputation: 9

Jul 14, 2007, 05:38 PM
    The deed and a copy of the note and mortgage should be on record in your local city or town hall. The closing agent will have a copy of the settlement statement. You do not need to have all those items to refinance. A title search will be done prior to your closing, and you can be assured that your current lender knows how much you owe them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permission to Refi during chapter 13 [ 3 Answers ]

We live in New Jersey and we have refinanced our home and obtained permission from the trustee and the judge, but my lawyer is saying that it takes five days for the judge to sign the order. Why? I am currently in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.

Refi a chap 13 [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any bank that will refi a chapter 13? Thanks

Pet Shop Switched Paperwork [ 2 Answers ]

About 10 months ago I bought a kitten from a pet shop. I was looking for a male cat, as they are cheaper to neuter and it is not quite as urgent as a female. I bought the kitten, which was already microchipped, and received the microchip paperwork for the kitten. Some weeks later I received a...

View more questions Search