Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Jun 28, 2007, 05:54 PM
    More blood in stools
    I went to my PCP about a month ago for a small amount of blood in my stools. He said it was internal Hemmrroids from pregnancy and no big deal and told me to expect more. Since then my stool s have turned to pebble like at each movement and today they were covered in bright red blood, It was the most I have ever seen and It kind of scares me, I am calling him tomorrow. Can hemmrroids change your bowel movements to from firm to pebble like? Or just cause bleeding? Should I get a second opinion? What would you suggest?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 06:13 PM
    It sounds like it is again internal hemmorhoids caused by constipation. You see bright red blood means that the blood is coming from the area of the anal opening. Any blood that is dark or tarry is of concern.

Hemmorhoids alone will not change the texture of your stool, but your pregnancy may, as well as your diet. I suggest that you eat more fiber and drink more water. One natural way to loosen your bowels is dried apricots that you can get in the produce section of your local grocery store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my period too long? Is it real blood or period blood? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm really worried. My period came a month early, I only have it once in two months. I have huge cramps and tylenol doesn't work but it usually does. The color and smell are different. The color is much lighter and clear and the smell doesn't have the usual scent, it smells more like the...

Blood Type [ 5 Answers ]

I am blood type O-, my husband O+. When I gave birth to my son I was told he was type A+. Is that possible or they made a mistake?

When to take a blood test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I am a 25 yr old woman. I think that I could be pregnant but every home test I have taken says negative. I have taken them early but I have been pregnant before so I kind of know by my symptoms that I am pregnant. How soon do you think that I can get a blood test done? Should I wait until I...

Blood [ 3 Answers ]

What I would like to know , is that , If I see traces of blood in my bowl movements what should I do ?should I panic?

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search