Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hair2007 Posts: 135, Reputation: 6

Jun 28, 2007, 04:33 PM
    How long does it take
    Hi... how long do you think it takes bfore you know someone that you have been dating for true colors to come out, good or bad?
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jun 28, 2007, 05:01 PM
    I think everyone is probably different. If you don't feel comfortable around the person, or you feel need to even ask this question, then maybe you feel that something isn't right and that other person is possibly hiding something.

I guess it may depend on what situations or challenges the person faces, because they will demonstrate different qualities under pressure or stress or anger or sadness... I think that to truly know someone for their 'true colours' you probably have to see them dealing with these types of situations first? I can always remember my mother saying 'Don't get into a relationship with anyone until you have seen them drunk!' That may sound a little crass, but what she meant was, make sure you have seen the person in a situation that presents adversity in some form and see how they handle it... see them at their worst and then decide if they are still for you?

Jun 28, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pook_Myster
    I think everyone is probably different. If you don't feel comfortable around the person, or you feel need to even ask this question, then maybe you feel that something isn't right and that other person is possibly hiding something.

I guess it may depend on what situations or challenges the person faces, because they will demonstrate different qualities under pressure or stress or anger or sadness.......I think that to truly know someone for their 'true colours' you probably have to see them dealing with these types of situations first? I can always remember my mother saying 'Don't get into a relationship with anyone until you have seen them drunk!' That may sound a little crass, but what she meant was, make sure you have seen the person in a situation that presents adversity in some form and see how they handle it.....see them at their worst and then decide if they are still for you?
    Thanks... its funny you should say the drunk thing... I had a guy friend who was seeing a girl for about 6 months and she was the most obnoxious drunk... they ended.. lol...

Jun 28, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hair2007
    thanx...its funny you should say the drunk thing....i had a guy friend who was seeing a girl for about 6 months and she was the most obnoxious drunk...they ended..lol...
    U did... thanx
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jun 28, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Hello.

Most of the time you start seeing the real person when the lust is replaced with reality. Its different for everyone and if your lucky the lust will be joined by Love and you will always Lust after each other hehehe.

Just watch your gut feelings, they are normally right.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    sliptthrucrack Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Jun 28, 2007, 06:28 PM
    It's really hard to say, for me, It was the first time I saw him (corny I know) and I guess it was the same for him because only 20 days later we were married and come next month (July) we will have been married for 20 years ; ) and 4 beautiful children came from all that. Your heart will know. But if you don't feel it, it can only mean that you are not ready. By the way, I married at 23 years of age ; )
    sliptthrucrack Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Jun 28, 2007, 06:30 PM
    We actually grew to love each other more and more being that we were almost the same age. Good luck sweetie!!
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Jun 29, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Looking back now, with me it was probably six months into the realationship. You figure she would wait until we were married to tell me how it's going to be but when we fell in love she told me you're going to have to a second job, I'm getting this, I'm doing this, you're doing this, I'm very materialistic person, I'm buying what ever I want etc.etc. Now looking back with a clear head. BIG RED FLAGS!! But I guess when you are in love that person you don't see those things. My friends and family saw that within the first 4 months. So I guess it's best to be friends first before you give heart to a person.
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 06:14 AM
    In my opinion, usually after the honeymoon period is over, which can vary.

Every situation and individual is different though.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 06:54 AM
    I watch a person for a long time before I decide if I want to get to know her/him. You can always ask around. I guess for different people that is different, and everyone is somehow similar in many ways. You can't tell he is good or bad unitl you spend sometime with him. The worse thing is that PPl change all the time. Once the good, nice, gentleman decided to be a jerk ( he thinks he can get girls by being a jerk)... too much uncertainty in life. Always stay rational, be light-hearted about love is the key.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Most of the time you start seeing the real person when the lust is replaced with reality.
    Usually it's the first time they piss you off, after the lust has gone, and you can see again.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 29, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Honestly, sometimes who you think are nice, can really turn away on you. Strange that it may sound... there was a guy I felt really connected to once and he said the same to me, but once he was through, I was on my own, that was many years ago and with grey cells starting to develop, I can tell for sure who is good. Btw, to know anyone, u need to meet the person several times on a friendly level in order to be sure which part of animal kingdom he belongs to...
    mag oblivious Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Jun 30, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hair2007
    hi.....how long do you think it takes bfore you know someone that you have been dating for true colors to come out, good or bad?
    About 6 months

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long is too long to have depression? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm Ariel and am 16 years old. I have had depression for about 7 years starting around the time my parents were getting a divorce. My mother took me and my 3 other sisters to a Phsyciatrist for about a year then took us out for awhile then took me back in all within 2 years. I have been very strong...

How long will it take? [ 4 Answers ]

Last night I cut my thumb on a broken dinner plate while trying to wash it. It took a small chunk out of my thumb. Just by looking at it, I don't think it could be stitched up, mainly because it's not a narrow cut or a gash. I apply peroxide as well as a clean bandage to it with neosporin two to...

A long long thread [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there. I've decided this to be a long thread because I will ask many many things and I hope to discuss many things here. If a coin is placed on a piece of card resting atop of a jar, it is possible to flick the card away sharply so that the coin falls into the jar. Explain why this is...

How Long is Long Enough? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I have moved across the state from where I grew up and went to school/college because I got married and my husbands job is where I am currently living. I have a decent job here, honestly I like my job, but I HATE living where we live. My husband's job is relatively easily moved because...

Long-short-long [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you Okay I have a dilemma.For along time I had Long hair(almost to my butt)but then I started working out and it would get sweaty so I cut it shorter(wayyy shorter like I cut off over 20 inches)but now I kind of miss my long locks! All I can do is wait.But every time I had long hair somehow I...

View more questions Search