Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DarkHour99 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
    I keep wanting to cut myself
    A few months ago, I cut myself, I couldn't stop and my school councelor found out. My mom knows I did, and so I go to therapy for it... every day when I get in the shower, I look at a razor and just want to take it and cut myself, but the only thing stopping me is the fact that my therapist checks me, how do I stop this!?
    Hephzibah_89 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHour99
    a few months ago, i cut myself, i couldn't stop and my school councelor found out. my mom knows i did, and so i go to therapy for it... every day when i get in the shower, i look at a razor and just want to take it and cut myself, but the only thing stopping me is the fact that my therapist checks me, how do i stop this!?!?!
    Hello again -
    I know exactly what you mean... I used to self harm every single day, and even now still doso every so often... I also go to therapy...
    Is this something you could talk to your mother about, you say she knows, but could she help if you talked to her? My mother knows and all sharp objects have been removed from my room - and hopeully over time, the therapist should help.
    Hopefully you are looking at why you want to do this -if it is to relieve anger, then try kicking/punching a pillow etc
    I know that all the things, in my experience, don't quite match up to actually doing it, but in the long run, they will be in your best interests.
    Hope this helps, I'm here if you need someone.

Jun 28, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I can't talk to my mom about it actaully, she got so mad at me just for finding out, she cried and cried and I hurt me terribly. If she were to find out I still wanted to, it just wouldn't be good! And I can't tell my therapist because she tells my mom everything even though she says she won't (I know, terrible therapist) and I think the reason why I do it is the fact that my father's been in jail for half of my life, but I really don't know, that's the only reason I would.

Jun 28, 2007, 04:44 PM
    That's fair enough. Often, emotional trauma, (you probably know this, shout if I'm patronising you) can lead to self harm when you are unable to deal with it. Would you be able to search out someone else to talk to? A doctor - the school counsellor? These people are usually bound by confidentiality and want to genuinely help. It doesn't greatly matter why you do it at the present, although getting to the root of the problem is clearly a goal! I've found that focusing my attentions on schoolwork (as levels - agrh!) is helpful, as is exercise -which is also great as it boosts endorphines (or serotonin... or both? I'm not a doctor!), making you happier.
    How about speaking to your mother about helping avoid it happening again... no need to tell her about any incidents, just let her know you need her help in never doing it again - ?

Jun 28, 2007, 04:47 PM
    All right, thank you very much for your help :) and on the whole school counselor thing, hahaha nooo, he told me about someone else cutting when he found out I did, therefour I don't trust him lol, but thank you sooo much, I really think it'll help :)

Jun 28, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Oh dear! Well, good luck, I hope things get better for you. :)

Jun 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Lol, and I hope things get better for you as well :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to get out! [ 3 Answers ]

I currently rent an apartment, and I signed a 1 year lease in July of last year. When I moved in, I called the office because I had no kitchen cabinet door, and was missing a drawer. Also, the dishwasher we were promised never worked. They never did anything about it. The neighborhood is bad, and I...

17 and wanting a baby [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I'm seventeen and turn 18 in august-wanting to be pregnant, I have been trying for nearly 8 months now with my partner- and I know I really want this. After eight months of unprotected sex , makes me wonder why I can't get preganant. I'm really worried I will never be able to have a child of my...

Wanting 2 [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancée and I have been togather for 3 years we are getting married in October and we are wanting to have a baby is there anything I should be doing to prepare myself for trying to get pregnant? We are finically stable and looking to buy a home right now we rent a nice house. I'm only 21 he is...

Cut her loose or cut her slackj [ 3 Answers ]

Dude, this sounds bad, but my friend is hott(not in a lesbo way), and she is friends with all the guys. But whenever she tries to help out a friend, they always endup liking her! It really ticks me off because all the guys love her and I really don't need her taking the only guy I got! She always...

Guinea pig issue [ 8 Answers ]

I would like your opinion please read and let me know what you think Most of you know me and I am always talking about my guinea pig rescue or my pets or my daughter, well recently, we took part in a huge rescue, I will post the article so if you all wanted to read it you could A seizure of...

View more questions Search