Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MOLLIE56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Anoying neighbor
    I just moved into a condo about 3 weeks ago and the neighbor upstairs keeps calling me and dropping by unannounced. In fact she rang my doorbell at 4:00 this morning. I get up very early and work about 10 hours a day - how can I stop her from bothering me?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 03:12 PM
    She must have had some encouragement somewhere along the way from you in order to bother you like this. So it isn't completely the whole story unless she is a nutcase. Just go to her condo and tell her how you fell and get it over and done with. If she persists then call the management.
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jun 28, 2007, 06:07 PM
    I disagree with Ticke - I don't think that taking such a direct approach immediately will be helpful to the relationship, which is ultimately ongoing, as she's your neighbour.

I would pretend to be very busy, or in the shower / bathroom when she rings your doorbell at 4am - if you are up, and if you are not, I wouldn't be getting up to answer the door at that hour. Try subtle things like that first I think - they aren't so 'in your face'... make it a bit of a weaning process... slow so as not to cause too much hostility.

I would perhaps also put her off a bit when you do decide on occasions to answer the door, by saying things like 'Thankyou so much for checking in on me, and I'm so sorry but I'm completely flat out - I don't mean to be rude but I really have to go'...

She'll get the picture... or otherwise, as Tickle said -perhaps she is a nutcase, in which case you might need to move! Lol...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pushy neighbor [ 7 Answers ]

I need advice on how to deal with our pushy neighbor. I basically like him and adore his wife but would like ideas on how to deal with his behavior better. Our neighbor is the type that started asking for favors at the start before he ever lived here while building his house across the street. He...

Crazy neighbor [ 33 Answers ]

I have lived in my house for 14 years, quietly with my husband, no kids. About 5 years ago a new neighbor moved in. We tried to be nice at first, but then heard them talking about us, so we kept our distance. Now the teenage girl is accusing me of watching her through my windows, and of being...

Neighbor looking in my window [ 5 Answers ]

My neighbor and his two teenage sons (ages 15 and 17yrs) have been looking in my windows for years. The children started when they were young and would look in my windows when they came in my yard to retrieve there balls and toys. Their father started six years ago or so after I put up a fence to...

Neighbor harassment [ 2 Answers ]

In a case of credit card debt, when the account has gone to a collection agency, is it legal for them to call the owner of the account's neighbors and discuss the account,etc. with them,on the pretense of being unable to make contact? If not, who can this be reported to?

Hi, me again... Another anoying problem =/ [ 9 Answers ]

Ok this is getting really, really dumb. This computer must like to be infected, invaded... or whatever. I did a virus check at Trendmicro and I had 4 Trojanhorse viruses (more often then not I might add... so here I have this one called mmups.exe I can't deleted with the virus scanner because the...

View more questions Search