Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eagle_eye42 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2007, 01:06 PM
    2 week old kittens
    I have some 2 week old kittens and they have fleas,How do I get rid of the fleas without hurting them?:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 03:14 PM
    You can't wash them, you can't use chemicals, so just wait until they are older and deal with it. But what you can do is keep washing their bedding, take them away some where while you deal with their living quarters, until you can use a flea spray around them.

I am not too sure labman will agree with this, but I am taking my best shot.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Buy a very fine-toothed comb (pet stores have them) and VERY gently comb the kittens. This will pick up adults and maybe some eggs. Move the kittens' bed space to a clean unflea-ed area, and wash all their bedding in hot water. Check with a vet about how soon you can begin to treat them.
    larae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 03:35 PM
    My kittens have very stickey eyes. Is there any medicine I can but over the counter to help them get well.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Call a vet to get some suggestions for an over-the-counter medicine. Be sure to give a good description of the kittens' problems--sneezing? Red eyes? Runny nose? Lethargy? Ask the vet if there is a home remedy.

Two-week old kittens need frequent feedings and stimulation to help them urinate and defecate. Do you know about that and how to deal with kittens so small?

They can't drink regular milk, or they will die. Do you know how to deal with feeding them?

Be sure to talk with the vet about all of the above. Best wishes!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by larae
    My kittens have very stickey eyes. Is there any medicine I can but over the counter to help them get well.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cats/k...n+eye+medicine here is a discussion on a kitten with eye infection, read through you may find it helpful, also just to mention spay/neuter is a goodidea when your kitten gets older
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle_eye42
    I have some 2 week old kittens and they have fleas,How do I get rid of the fleas without hurting them?:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cats/2...=fleas+kittens discussion on fleas you may find some of this helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fleas Treatment for 2 week old kittens [ 9 Answers ]

My New Cat had her Kittens - 4 cute little ones, :D My question is how can I treat them to prevent fleas. I had a Flea collar on the mother until a few day before her litter was born(she got it off) And I was advise to take it off, to make sure it didn't harm the litter I am not sure, but I...

4 week old kittens... food? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey, As I have previously posted, my cat had kittens recently. They turned four weeks old today. I've been reading all over the intenet that I should be starting to introduce food to them. The only problem is... what kind? I know it should be soft... but after that I'm at a loss. Shuld I just...

2 Six Week Old Kittens.. One Won't Eat! [ 2 Answers ]

I recently acquired two six-week old kittens (or at least so I was told)... one of them, a female tabby, will eat wet food, and the other, a black male, won't eat at all... This is after a day and a half, and I am very worried now because he hasn't appeared to have eaten a single bite as of yet!...

5 week old kittens passing bloody stool [ 5 Answers ]

5 weeks old kittens are passing bloody stool and will an antibiotic help clear it up?

5 week old kittens [ 1 Answers ]

I got these kittens from this lady and they are only 5 weeks old! I think this is too young for them to be away from the mother am I right or wronge the lady gave them to me and told me they drink water and stuff but they don't. They eat fine but what should I do to get them to drink water?

View more questions Search